|Author||Topic: Outputs in Sonar 2 greyed out|
Posted: 15th June 2002 02:31
I downloaded and updated my DR-008 this morning. Rather than overwriting the old install I swapped the folders out in the Cakewalk directory. All is apparently fine - until I went to open up a project that used multiple outs - I have 8 configured for the DR-008. All the sounds were coming out of the primary out. It doesn't matter what kit I load up into it. I've tried starting a project from scratch: same result. An interesting thing is that In field of the tracks I/O tab now identifies the DR-000 as "DR-008 DXi2 1 Dr8 2L" (or 3L, 4L, depending on which out) - the Primary Out is still called that.
Please Advise. It's sorta stopped me dead in my tracks.
Posted: 15th June 2002 03:02
By the by, although I didn't do it until after I had run the DR-008 a few times, I did run the RegDrDxi.exe program to no avail. I than ran the UnregDrDxi.exe, rebooted, and reran the RegDrDxi.exe again. Still no multiple outs.
Posted: 15th June 2002 10:06
I just installed the update myself. I am getting
multiple outputs in the new version. Are you sure you are using the DR-008 with the Synth Rack? Only way to get multiple outs with DXi's in SONAR
is to use the Synth Rack.
Posted: 15th June 2002 11:54
Indeed I am - use the synth rack exclusively these days.
In case you need these:
1 gig of DDR RAM
Posted: 15th June 2002 13:00
I did not swap out the folders as you did, but I did swap out the two .dll files(Dr-008.dll & Dr8Dxi2.dll)in the existing folder. But before I did I moved the (2) (RegDrDxi & UnregDrDxi)files into the existing folder and used the UnReg*** utility to unregister the existing 1.01SR version, then once I swapped out the old and new .dll versions I used the Reg*** utility to register the new and improved version. I then transfered all of the new kits, modules and such into the existing relevant folders. Everything seems to be working as expected, including multiple outputs in the synth Rack. So maybe actually unregistering the old version first and then registering the new one will do the trick.
I am also using WinXP with the latest Delta 66 WDM drivers.
Posted: 15th June 2002 13:38
I'm a little closer - unregister and registered again. I have multiple outs - sorta. I still can't change the out asignments in any of the main console views (Output button), but if I go into Edit mode I can change the out there. It's an extra inconvient step but one I suppose I could live with if push comes to shove. (I do get a weird re-draw error in the Velo Sampler doing this however: after switching the output the part of the window that displays the wave name goes black, and it takes two clicks on the close window button to close it.)
Posted: 15th June 2002 13:56
Sounds like you've downloaded v1.1 instead of v1.11... please re-download, making sure you get the v1.11 download.
Posted: 15th June 2002 14:14
After a message from Angus, turns out I was running the 1.10 version. If I wasn't complete bonehead and had I looked to see which version I was running, I probably would have figured this out on my own. Sorry about any undue confusion my post might have caused.
In my defense I will say that the link in the email I received for the full version was to dr008v11full.zip and that's what I downloaded. Of course, if I had read the email a little more I would have seen that it was the old version. But in my excitement I just blithely downloaded away.