|Author||Topic: DR-008 with Samplitude 7?|
Posted: 12th February 2003 19:53
Angus, does this combo work?
I'm checking out the demo of Samplitude and testing the DR-008 with it but get a message saying file not found while loading bank with kits that I know work in Sonar. And then I get a million messages from DR that the file format is unsupported. Any ideas?
Posted: 13th February 2003 03:42
It -should- work... are you sure your DR-008 VSTi DLL in the Samplitude folder is a v1.1x version? If you accidentally copied across your old v1.01SR from the SONAR install that might not load some of the newer kits. Could you post the error messages in more detail?
Posted: 13th February 2003 08:36
Ahhh....after reading your message I realize it's probably user error.
I didn't even think about having to install DR-008 in Samplitude. I just assumed that because it was running in Sonar that it would work in Samplitude.
So what's the best install procedure for Samp?
Posted: 14th February 2003 10:46
I copied the DR-008 folder from the Cakewalk directory which has the latest version of the DR dll and all the kits I've created, into the main Samplitude folder. I also ran the registry install function as per the manual install procedures so Samp would know how to find the plugin. I also changed the paths info in the DR config so it's pointing to the right folders in the Samp directory. However, I'm having the same issues. Maybe I'm not getting the install procedure correct.
Here's what happens:
1. I choose plugins on the track and a dialog window opens and DR-008 is in the list of available plugins so I select it.
2. The Dr-008 main window opens and then I choose load and select a kit.
3. The kit apparently loads, all the pads are populated, but when I click on them nothing happens. No sound and there is no lighting up of the pad.
4. So I close the DR-008 and reopen it. At this point a window pops up and says it can't find the file (sample?). The file being referenced has a name that looks like random ascii characters or something, not a typical looking file name. It gives me the option to search for the file, but since it's a kit there isn't an associated file like if I was adding files to velosampler or something.
5. At that point the only option is to cancel and when I do that I get a small box saying File Format Unsupported with just an OK button. If I click that it goes into a loop with that box(I'm gussing it's looking for all the various files that make up the multi samples for each pad). The only way to end the loop is to close Samplitude.
I'm not so concerned about getting Dr-008 to work in the demo as I am knowing that it will work with the full program. It will be an exspensive and time consuming(learning curve) upgrade and I just want to be sure my favorite drum tool will work once I make the change. If you know that it works then that's all the confirmation I need.
What next? Thanks for your time.
Posted: 15th February 2003 20:09
Yes, it works just fine with Samp Pro 7.
Posted: 16th February 2003 07:42
I'm really not familiar with some of the error boxes you're talking about.. would you mind taking a coupla screengrabs and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org?
Posted: 19th February 2003 09:50
OK, we tracked this one down.
There's a bug in the demo of Samp 7.. nonetheless, DR-008 should not react to it in the way it does. I've added some code to the dev build which simply ignores the bad settings blocks it gets sent, instead of getting all confused by them.
Posted: 19th February 2003 09:58
It must have been fixed in the release version of Samp 7 because DR-008 (and SlicyDrummer and Fill-inDrummer) works beautifully in it.
Posted: 19th February 2003 10:14
Thanks for tracking that down. At least now I know I'm not going crazy
It sounds like it's not in the released version of Samp so I'll just have to wait until it gets here. Glad to know I can use DR-008 with Samp, being a non-drummer I'd be lost without it.
Glad to hear that. I guess now I can stop posting this question everywhere