What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
AuthorTopic: vaz modular 2001 ?
threeyedone
Posted: 8th November 2001 23:50
Can someone point me to some info on the web about this? The only place ive heard any mention of it is on this board but i cant find a thing on google.

thanks
nate
realmarco
Posted: 9th November 2001 00:58
well why didn[t you just click on the upper left you "quick instrument link " ?



here's the link anyways
www.software-technology.com
Collusion
Posted: 9th November 2001 10:24
VAZ 2001 is basically 16 improved VAZ+s and the FX rack/mixer section from VAZ Modular. It was released to registered VAZ users last month.

There are a few minor glitches to be ironed out in the VSTi version, but on the whole I'm finding it works really well.

Very low CPU usage too.


I think it should be fully available some time this month, assuming nobody finds any serious bugs.
MadGav
Posted: 9th November 2001 10:43
I'm working on the help file and bug fixing and improving it for general release. If you want some more info take a look at the following page but note that the price given is an upgrade for VAZ owners only:

http://www.software-technology.com/info/softech/vaz2001/vaz2001.htm

btw Ben... journal, yes... not got around to posting to that since I moved 4 months back :>


Martin (VAZ Designs)
threeyedone
Posted: 9th November 2001 21:23
I was browsing around that site just prior to posting... it has info on Vaz 2.1, a previous post on this board seemed to say there is a new vsti version coming out, there is no information on that page about a new version?

information about the new version is what im interested in, not vaz in general.
Ben [KVR]
Posted: 9th November 2001 21:44
Try MadGav's journal, not that up to date though...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/madgav/
krakengore
Posted: 9th November 2001 23:41
i've tried it for some days... it sounds very good, the possibilities of routings are infinite, but the way you construct your synths is simplified in the concept but more complex that making the same synth with reaktor ( only if you are experienced about dsp processing )... i doesn't think the routing of audio and modulations without the (v)cables is simpler... i prefer route my outs to ins with a cable and have under control the flow of the streams and events...
however for beginners in modulars synthesizing is the best choice... and it will be under our vst hosts... good thing

lou
David Abraham
Posted: 10th November 2001 04:18
looks great, 3rd party effects, pattern sequencers and softsynths in one plugin, and I've heard the VAZ sound is compelling...looking forward to it, thanks!

-david abraham


quote:
Originally posted by MadGav:
I'm working on the help file and bug fixing and improving it for general release. If you want some more info take a look at the following page but note that the price given is an upgrade for VAZ owners only:

http://www.software-technology.com/info/softech/vaz2001/vaz2001.htm

btw Ben... journal, yes... not got around to posting to that since I moved 4 months back :>


Martin (VAZ Designs)

zannfielld
Posted: 10th November 2001 12:33
Very low CPU usage too.


I think it should be fully available some time this month, assuming nobody finds any serious bugs.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hate to be the damp squid but I hope that the low cpu usage doesnt come at the expense of sound quality which the reputation of vas was built on?
Cos I have been hoping for a lond time that this package would come out as a vsti!
Cheers.
MadGav
Posted: 10th November 2001 14:06
quote:
Originally posted by zannfielld:
Hate to be the damp squid but I hope that the low cpu usage doesnt come at the expense of sound quality which the reputation of vas was built on?
Cos I have been hoping for a lond time that this package would come out as a vsti!



Not at all, the performance comes from lots of assembler optimization of the dsp core. This has actually allowed improvements to the sound versus older VAZ releases.

Martin (VAZ Designs)
David Abraham
Posted: 10th November 2001 15:38
quote:
Originally posted by MadGav:


Not at all, the performance comes from lots of assembler optimization of the dsp core. This has actually allowed improvements to the sound versus older VAZ releases.

Martin (VAZ Designs)



what's the chance of hosting other DXi and VSTi's in the VAZ 2002/2003 mixer?


-david abraham
Funkybot
Posted: 10th November 2001 16:46
Anyword on the price? I always remember VAZ being kind of expensive, and now with a product like Reaktor out, it seems that pricing VAZ to cost about the same as Reaktor would be like shooting yourselves in the foot. Also, will it still run in stand alone mode (allowing use of ASIO or WDM drivers)? If this new version is cheap enough and will get low latency in Standalone mode I'd definately concider picking it up.
swayzak
Posted: 10th November 2001 19:15
I have vaz2001 - it's truly wicked but some serious ASIO bugs in standalone at the moment ie. it doesn't work at all on my system.

VSTi works fine though.

swayzak
MadGav
Posted: 11th November 2001 12:30
quote:
David Abraham Fenton asked:
what's the chance of hosting other DXi and VSTi's in the VAZ 2002/2003 mixer?


VAZ 2001 can already host VSTi's in the mixer! Hosting DXi's is somewhere on the to-do list but this is less useful in the sense that VSTi hosting came free with implementing MIDI support for VST2 effects which need it (i.e. Fxpansion MidiComb).

quote:
Funkybot asked:
Anyword on the price? Also, will it still run in stand alone mode (allowing use of ASIO or WDM drivers)?


We're intending to pitch is competetively against the likes of Pro-52. It runs standalone with MME Wave, DirectSound and ASIO drivers.


quote:
swayzak wrote:
I have vaz2001 - it's truly wicked but some serious ASIO bugs in standalone at the moment ie. it doesn't work at all on my system.
VSTi works fine though.



As far as I'm aware this is 2 specific problems. ASIO isn't working with Delta series cards and Hoontech cards for some reason, this is under investigation at the moment. Also the APS ASIO driver Control Panel crashes. If your problem isn't one of those please post on the support forum!

Martin (VAZ Designs)
David Abraham
Posted: 12th November 2001 00:30
quote:
Originally posted by MadGav:


VAZ 2001 can already host VSTi's in the mixer!




DAYAM!!! where is it? give it up, I want it now. When's the release?

-david abraham
swayzak
Posted: 12th November 2001 20:23


[ 12 November 2001: Message edited by: swayzak ]

swayzak
Posted: 12th November 2001 20:27
quote:
Originally posted by MadGav:


As far as I'm aware this is 2 specific problems. ASIO isn't working with Delta series cards and Hoontech cards for some reason, this is under investigation at the moment. Also the APS ASIO driver Control Panel crashes. If your problem isn't one of those please post on the support forum!

Martin (VAZ Designs)



I'm just a bit surprised - given that the Audiophile 2496 is probably the biggest selling 2496 card around - that Vaz2001 was released with this fundamental problem, even as a beta to previous Vaz owners.

[ 12 November 2001: Message edited by: swayzak ]

MadGav
Posted: 13th November 2001 11:09
The problem wasn't reported until after release, if we _had_ known the fix may have come first. *shrugs*

Martin (VAZ Designs)
KVR Developer Challenge 2014