37%
I want my money back
8%

Total votes: 90

RELATED
PRODUCTS

mysticvibes wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1, they'll be fixed in time, but to complain about the library at this stage is ridiculous.
Except for its version 3 :lol:
We both posted the same reply at the same time. :lol:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
buzzlegs wrote: The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1
Except that it is version 3... hence why it is called "Sampletank 3" ;)
it's already been said it's been rewritten from the ground up, so it's version 1 of the 3rd incarnation of SampleTank!;)

Ben H wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1, they'll be fixed in time, but to complain about the library at this stage is ridiculous.
Noticed that :hihi: We even worded it the same, that's hilarious :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

buzzlegs wrote:
Ben H wrote:
buzzlegs wrote: The only thing that matters is bugs at this point, which is fine, it's only version 1
Except that it is version 3... hence why it is called "Sampletank 3" ;)
it's already been said it's been rewritten from the ground up, so it's version 1 of the 3rd incarnation of SampleTank!;)
Oh yes "rewritten from the ground up."

In other words "don't blame us for our bug-riddled software that we spent nearly a decade coding" because we actually rewrote it from scratch. :roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

mysticvibes wrote:
Ben H wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:
Noticed that :hihi: We even worded it the same, that's hilarious :lol:
Better watch that, otherwise people might start thinking that it is a dupe account. :P
Last edited by Ben H on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can make music with ST3.

I can make music that sounds natural with other libraries.

I think that makes it better music.

It is not slanderous to state one does not like something and give reason why one feels that way. How else is the company to know they need to do better to live up to a customer's expectation and capture future sales?

No one is attempting to diminish the hours the engineers put into their product. People have waited for ten years and appreciate their efforts, as such. Do you not recall all the hubbub of excitement from long time users when the announcements first hit? What better form of appreciation than that of immediately plinking down their money?

People are trying to tell those that will listen they can do better. I think this is healthy; both for the company and the customer.

Slander is not a "kinda" sort of thing. It is or it isn't. It is my opinion people have not slandered IKM; rather they have made attempts to let IKM know they want what IKM is capable of and ST3 does not meet that level of expectation.

To state that another is incapable of something when one does not know for certain is quite arrogant and immature.

If you are having fun with ST3 and like the sounds it is putting out then more power to you.

Let those that want what IKM CAN do have their freedom of expression too.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

buzzlegs wrote:I really don't understand why people are complaining, this is a great tool for songwriting and then taking them out to perform live. seriously, the people who are complaining have obviously no talent or creativity and want the software to write the music for them, if you can't make good music with this tool you can't make good music, simple.

I have all the other workstations, kontakt, halion etc etc and this by far is the best and fastest way to getting good usable sounds and layering them up quickly and effectively that are easy to fit in a mix, and then preparing them for taking out live.
If you don't understand why people complaining, why do you feel the need to comment and throw insults at people?

buzzlegs wrote: I have all the other workstations, kontakt, halion etc etc and this by far is the best and fastest way to getting good usable sounds and layering them up quickly and effectively that are easy to fit in a mix, and then preparing them for taking out live.
I imagine the sounds are "good" and "usable", but does anyone think they are awesome, excellent, or incredible? How does ST3 compare against the sound library in a Yamaha Motif or MOX? Roland FA or any of the Korg romplers?
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

Seems ST3 is becoming a "love or hate" instrument. This is good for me: the "haters" want "awesome, excellent, incredible" ready sounds. The lovers on the contrary know well what ST3 is, that is why they love it. As far as I am concerned, the more I use it the more I like it. Of course, one has to try all the patches, choose the preferred ones and build a personal library, experiment with multis, mix sounds, try all the effects etc. A labour of love.

mwalthius wrote:
buzzlegs wrote: I have all the other workstations, kontakt, halion etc etc and this by far is the best and fastest way to getting good usable sounds and layering them up quickly and effectively that are easy to fit in a mix, and then preparing them for taking out live.
I imagine the sounds are "good" and "usable", but does anyone think they are awesome, excellent, or incredible? How does ST3 compare against the sound library in a Yamaha Motif or MOX? Roland FA or any of the Korg romplers?
Of course, it's subjective. Korg Kronos does have modeling engines, so I consider it to be a bit more than a rompler, although it's rompler side is quite good too. I would say ST covers the Yamaha(s) mostly though, and I've stopped using Roland almost completely for anything. Still waiting for boxed delivery on STank3 and only have my memory of its sound during an earlier phase shown at NAMM. I will say that even STank2 is a nice compliment to the Korg though, and frees up some of its rompler side nicely to allow more use in its model engines. Kontakt, on its own (NI Library) I found to be not as much to my liking as quickly as STank2 gave me. I use Kontakt quite a bit now, but the 95%+ is from third party sound sets.
So it again becomes a comparison in cost vs. usable sounds and STank has that bang going for it.
Of course, depending on whether STank3 installs without the dreaded app crash or not can completely change this opinion just as quickly. :hihi:

BBFG# wrote: I would say ST covers the Yamaha(s) mostly though, and I've stopped using Roland almost completely for anything. Still waiting for boxed delivery on STank3 and only have my memory of its sound during an earlier phase shown at NAMM.
Thanks.

I listened to a bunch of the Rudess ST3 demos, and a lot of the presets sounded pretty good. But then again, I know how easy it is to pick the good sounds and make them sound optimal. And I am pretty picky when it comes to electric pianos, acoustic guitars, woodwinds, etc. I am very attached to a lot of the Motif sounds, but would welcome a software product that was as good or better as what is found in the latest generation of workstations.

I'll have to wait and read some reviews of ST3, and hopefully even try a demo version.
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

robojam wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:I really don't understand why people are complaining...
If you don't understand why people complaining, why do you feel the need to comment and throw insults at people?
Because, complaining about complainers makes people feel important around here :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”