Any one else had trouble with Native Instruments support?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was sent a copy B4II with out a serial number under Komplete Kare. Hey, no biggy, mistakes happen, I'll just e-mail N.I. and get a new one.

What a NIGHTMARE.

You can only go through an on line ticketed support forum, fill the form in, get a 'ticket number' and link to the answer....

Click the link- doesn't work, go to support forum to tell them link doesn't work, sent another link that doesn't work...(just keeps asking for an ID)

You get the picture. One week latter, no B4II, and despite my best efforts, no response from NI. So much for Komplete Kare, guys, try just answering an e-mail within a week and don't automate just 'cos you can, but if you must automate, try and make sure it works.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yep. I ordered an update to Komplete 3 via 2-day UPS. 2 days went by and nothing. So I email them. No response. I finally call them and they try to tell me I told them I wanted to pay with a money order and they were just waiting for that. But I hadn't. I had paid via credit card, and the confirmation email I got from them said so as well. So I give them my credit card info again and they tell me it will be there in 2 days. 2 days later I get an email saying my order had JUST shipped. So I write them again asking for my shipping to be refunded, since at this point, it had now taken 2 WEEKS to get my software. No response (and to this day I never received a response). The next day, my software arrives. I go to install it and when I am attempting to authorize it with the number on the NI-supplied card, it comes up as being a serial number for Battery 2 only and says that its already in use. So I call customer support. The person I talked to wouldn't let me finish a sentence while I was trying to explain my problem. He eventually gave me a new serial number. So I go to the site to authorize. Now the authorization part of their site is not working. At the end of it all, it took me 6 hours to install and authorize these plug-ins. That's ridiculous, but unfortunately not that uncommon... I've only once had an authorization for an NI product go smoothly. Nice to punish the people who actually BUY your product. Anyway, after this experience, I will not be buying any more Native Instruments software. Yes, they make good stuff, but their arrogance as a company and non-existent customer service is not something I care to support anymore.

www.assemblage23.com

NI's "support" is abysmal. It took me over five weeks to sort out a mistake *they* made in transferring my Komplete 2 license. I don't buy their stuff any more.

The NI server's been really flaky the last couple days. The best way to get support help is to call (or so I've found).

ew
A spectral heretic...

I stopped buying NI's stuff, after they put out patches for their older programs, that did NOTHING except force you to *re-register* them via 'challenge & response'. :o

Now.. I'm really glad I did that. The complaints about that company and their software, had grown 100 fold since then.

Good damn riddance to em'. :x
------------------------------------------------------------------
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fling off.

service is sometimes often a problem with many companies. I have some NI products and no problem with authorization etc. and cannot say something bad about this company.

I have had no problems with NI replacing my manuals when I got the wrong ones (German for R4, French for R5, when I wanted English). Other than that, their support is pretty worthless, especially for Kontakt.

NI made top instruments and gave good service up until 18 months ago. Then it all fell apart. Only MY opinion though.

Just to balance the discussion a little, I've never had any problems with NI support. I've gotten responses fairly quick. In fact, back when I upgraded to Reaktor from Generator (I think), all I got was an empty envelope which looked like it had gotten torn enroute. I got a response immediately, and a new shipment was sent out...

So, I've been fairly happy. But keep in mind, people tend to report negative experiences, and not positive. So an increase in negative posts might be because of an increase in users.

Just my thoughts and experiences

As I started this thread I will be fair and say I got my serial by e-mail today- 5 days to me, but I guess just 3 working days to N.I. and I belive they had server trouble...just very frustraiting to have to wait as everyone knows!

IMHO B4II is amazing, much better than I was expecting, fantastic range of sounds, easy midi learn (finally my keystion 88 pro is doing drawbars!), amp modeling and reverb etc- great presets to- even doing synth sounds with the 'ol B4- deserves more credit than its getting, so I'll find a B4 thread and post!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

btw, congrats Tom on the recent marriage.

I got the b4II and the thing go's crazy when I open it ? When I called them they were very short and adatudity. I was told that I did't work with Logic 6.4. that I needed to upgrade to 7PRO. Thats not good not ever one can afford that
fredzovah

Can't say about 6.4, but I've used it in Logic 7 Express without any problem. Also, I'm in the (apparently rather small) group of people who've had no problems whatsoever with NI tech support, other than having to wait a while on the phone (never tried the online support; I prefer going directly to a real person). I was having problems installing Komplete 2, and the person who I spoke to was very helpful, if a bit patronizing. Then, when I ordered the grace period upgrade to 3, they were very easy to deal with and quick about shipping it.

The good - I have been an NI customer since Pro52 and have everything in KC2 plus a lot of sample instruments. With all that I have only had one instance that I needed to contact customer support. That request was necessary because an updated instrument required a new registeration and it would not work.

The bad - In that one instance it took 5 working days to get a responce from NI support. In addition, the answer/solution they gave did not match the problem I submitted. It was like someone was copying and pasting from a responce directory but pasted a responce for a different problem. By that time I had done a complete reinstall of the entire NI line to get rid of the problem.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Return to “Instruments”