Zebra, Version 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs, I think you mentioned something earlier about midi-learn for the XY controls.
That would be great. :love:
I'd love to move that control around during composition and have it come out that way when rendered.
OC

MIDI learn for the XY controls is allready there, Old Crab.
Check their rightclick menu (just as any parameter can be MIDI learned by double-rightclicks).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:MIDI learn for the XY controls is allready there, Old Crab.
Check their rightclick menu (just as any parameter can be MIDI learned by double-rightclicks).
Cool. Thanks Sascha Franck :D
OC

Really enjoying the Z2 preview. I knew it would be amazing and it doesn't disappoint. I love how the grid has changed since v. 1.5.

I do have one question, related to this suggestion you had for getting extra-high-frequencies out of the oscillators:
Urs wrote:... use a normal oscillator as an FM Oscillator. Make it SpectroBlend. In the waveform editor, set everything to zero but the 8th partial. Then you have a sine that's 4 octaves above fundamental tune :P
My question: not just for this special purpose, but in general, I find it very difficult to create additive spectra precisely: each partial is just a few pixels wide. Is there a trick besides trial and error -- with plenty of errors -- to adding, say, the eighth partial? If not, would you consider improving this aspect of the interface? It's one of the few details in Z2 that doesn't score high for ease of use.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

PaulSC wrote:My question: not just for this special purpose, but in general, I find it very difficult to create additive spectra precisely: each partial is just a few pixels wide. Is there a trick besides trial and error -- with plenty of errors -- to adding, say, the eighth partial? If not, would you consider improving this aspect of the interface? It's one of the few details in Z2 that doesn't score high for ease of use.
Yeah, I get your point. There'll certainly be some kind of snapping for the harmonics, but this must wait for a later date...

There are lots of ideas for improvements already, including script based methods. Weird stuff to come 8)

But first I gotta get out what's on schedule right now before I can start on improvements :oops:

Cheers,

;) Urs

All right, thanks for the speedy reply, and I do understand and agree with your priorities for development.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

I am trying out the VST Mac version. Quite impressive synth.

I did not find any information about how to install the presets. So far I am importing them one by one to try them out, but surely there is a way to have the synth recognize them. Any info would be appreciated.

One suggestion I have for future versions. I rather like the ability to show or hide modules but with so many modules potentially in a patch, I think I would like to have 4 buttons so that I can have say Osc1 and a few modules in its chain active on button 1, osc2 on button 2 etc... that way if I am editing a patch I could easily switch between configurations. Make sense?

pdxindy wrote:One suggestion I have for future versions. I rather like the ability to show or hide modules but with so many modules potentially in a patch, I think I would like to have 4 buttons so that I can have say Osc1 and a few modules in its chain active on button 1, osc2 on button 2 etc... that way if I am editing a patch I could easily switch between configurations. Make sense?
Any module can be removed from the Grid with a right-click...

I think I'll add an option like "Remove all unused modules"...

Cheers,

;) Urs

pdxindy wrote:I am trying out the VST Mac version. Quite impressive synth.

I did not find any information about how to install the presets. So far I am importing them one by one to try them out, but surely there is a way to have the synth recognize them. Any info would be appreciated.
Just put them here:

Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Zebra2/

This is its "official" preset location on MacOS X.

Cheers,

;) Urs

After messing around with it for a few days, I have to say it is pretty slick! Easy to tweak, and get new sounds out of. One thing I noticed, when you select the modules in the synth section, they don't seem to highlight enough... Can't tell which one is selected?? This is a mad scientist tool for sure! Only problem... Too much stuff to buy right now!! Need a Christmas special, or something :-o

Urs wrote:
pdxindy wrote:One suggestion I have for future versions. I rather like the ability to show or hide modules but with so many modules potentially in a patch, I think I would like to have 4 buttons so that I can have say Osc1 and a few modules in its chain active on button 1, osc2 on button 2 etc... that way if I am editing a patch I could easily switch between configurations. Make sense?
Any module can be removed from the Grid with a right-click...

I think I'll add an option like "Remove all unused modules"...

Cheers,

;) Urs
thanks for your quick reply regarding presets.

What I meant above is an easy way to solo say OSC1 and its active modules and also solo the modules display

Now in the meanwhile, I see there is a mute button...maybe when hitting the mute, it could also hide the active modules in that channel in the left side edit window.

Also, is there a way to make active/inactive without a right click menu? say alt-click will do so for example?

pdxindy wrote:Now in the meanwhile, I see there is a mute button...maybe when hitting the mute, it could also hide the active modules in that channel in the left side edit window.
I see what you mean, but that's a bit difficult as modules in one channel don't necessarily only serve that channel... It'd be hard to compute which module is actually heard on that muted channel and which is not...
pdxindy wrote:Also, is there a way to make active/inactive without a right click menu? say alt-click will do so for example?
Try double clicks 8)

Cheers,

;) Urs

Return to “Instruments”