Synth1 presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A dumb question I'm sure that's been answered elsewhere -
I recently downloaded the free VST Synth1, and I've tried to grab up some patch/bank files - but all the patches come with .sy1 extensions, which don't seem to be readable by Synth1. It appears to be looking for .fxp(.fxb?) files. Do I need to convert or is there something I am missing?

Thanks - Greyscott

I think you're supposed to drop these into the presets folders in your Synth 1 directory. I don't know of a way that you can actually "load" presets into it.

GruvSyco wrote:I think you're supposed to drop these into the presets folders in your Synth 1 directory. I don't know of a way that you can actually "load" presets into it.
Correct.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Correct.
Incorrect. That's what the "OPT" button is for.

Yeah,
I'm not at my machine but there is an options button somewhere that allows youto choose which banks to load into the 10 preset banks. I wish more synths had this option. Don't forget to grab the great presets at Patch Arena.

Thanks for the replies...I do understand that I need to put the files in a bank folder, but the problem is the extensions - when I put the files in the banks, Synth1 won't "find" them because they don't have the .fxp extension. I downloaded the patches from Patch Arena specifically for the Synth1, but they all have a .sy1 extension, which doesn't appear to be readable as a patch by the Synth1 VST.

sy1 is the correct patch format for synth 1.
First put each sy1 bank (which should contain 128 files or less) in it's own folder, and name the folders 'soundbank00' through to 'soundbank09', then place the folders in the 'Synth 1' folder. As Eidenk says, the folders will already be there, so just fill them up!.
Then do this: Open Synth 1 in your sequencer, click on the 'opt' button (bottom near right), click on the 'bank#0 C:\' entry, then on the 'Change' button. Navigate to the folder you put the sy1 files in and select the folder. Do the same with the other 'bank#' entries, then click on 'OK' and enjoy!
Last edited by Willabong on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In your synth1 folder, there are 10 folders named soundbank00 to soundbank09. You can put a maximum of 128 .sy1 presets (named by a number no higher than 128) in each of them. The first one, soundbank00 already contains 128 presets. The others are empty. They just asked to be filled with presets. If you double-click on the regist.exe file there is in your synth1 folder those 10 folders will be set as banks. Alternatively you can click on the opt button of the GUI and highlight one of the banks and click on the change button to browse to any folder you like containing .sy1 presets. Once this is done, either way, you can change presets by clicking on the preset name field in the GUI to access all presets that are registered. Forget about .fxp anb .fxb with Synth1. There aren't any.

Return to “Instruments”