I need a drum synth loop player with randomize feature.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does live slice do this??

This is the most annoying thing about loop slicers.

If I slice a loop into little beats and bits I think we should be able to stretch the decay of the sound so it will fit until the next sound without a click or silence.

I hope someone comes out with something that does that.

dw

the slicer in FLStudio has a "fill gaps" option with controls to fine tune how it works.

Pretty sure I recall dropping the drum break from Sabbath's Behind the Wall of Sleep into Wavesurgeon years ago & getting some great results from its randomise function.

But, on reflection, that's not what you're after. :help:

we should be able to stretch the decay of the sound so it will fit until the next sound without a click or silence
LiveSlice does not yet automatically fill the gaps, but there's a pitch parameter with good visual feedback so you can quickly fill the gaps by tweaking the pitch. In the next version this can be done automatically by pressing a button (like in FL) - I already received a feature request for this.

I have plans to implement a more smooth solution though: avoiding gaps by time-stretching the last bit of each slice. The decay of a percussive sound can be stretched quite a bit without affecting sound quality. Some of my users are talking a lot about lofi time-stretching as well, so there'll probably be an option to select stretch mode.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Return to “Instruments”