Planning on purchasing RMX - some questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

RMX owners - how do you like this product?

I simply LOVE this! Its the beez kneez and i cant live without it!
87%
well, this is cool, but its not as cool as i thought it to be...
9%
It SUX. Its a friggin drum-robot for lazy people. Stay away from this product
4%

Total votes: 23

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm thinking about purchasing Stylus RMX. I've heard some sweet things about it and its not that expensive (as compared to say, Kontakt or Sonar)

I have a few questions though, and would appreciate if someone answered them :

1). Is there an educational discount on this product?

2). Is there a downloadable version (instead of box)?

3). Can you import your own sounds into RMX and expect it to chop it up/mangle?

4). Incase i want to put it in another harddrive, how do i do it? Can anyone walk me through a step-by-step on how its done with the RMX? I hope its not complicated. I need to know this cos i can't buy something that i cant put it an external drive.

5). What else does it do regarding external formats? (like importing sounds, REX and stuff)

:help:

Very much appreciated,
KMS.

1.dont know
2.no
3.only presliced rexfiles
4.yes. very easy. just move and use an alias.
5.it imports rex files and makes your rhythmtracks sound like a million bucks!

Dr.Wu,
thanks for replying. A little request : Can you explain step 4? I'm a noob when it comes to computers, so, what is easy for you takes might take a month for me to figure out. So, can you break that down into steps?

Also, is the licence transferable? i.e. in case i find out that this doesnt work for me, can i sell it?

I heard that RMX are good people in giving updates. Happy about that one. ;-)
Thnkx,
KMS.

It's all in the manual. You just create a short cut to where you actually installed the library, really easy stuff.

The license is more of an issue - technically, you can't sell it, as you have already used the library in your previous works. It's licensed effectively as a sample library, although it obviously includes a very powerful player/instrument/engine. Spectrasonics do consider license transfers on a case by case basis, and there is a small charge. But to be honest, for what you get, I can't conceive why anyone would wanna sell it ;)

Spectrasonics are one of the best companies out there. Buy with confidence.

Return to “Instruments”