Spectra v1.01 Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soundpalace wrote:ok I'm back, sorry for the late reply. In regards to Key Assign "Mode 1" and "Mode 2", I have tested both and it appears to happen with both modes. For some reason, the problem seems to go away after playing the instrument for a few minutes. Very strange.

Using your newest beta, when I hit my sustain pedal, I get a dialog box that says Sustain: 127 (3 times) and then Sustain: 0 (3 times).

This is getting quite tricky as it seems your VSTi IS recognising the event but just not responding to it for some unknown reason.

Torben, I'd like to say that your continued effort to sort out these bugs is very impressive, I think it will be worth it in the long run to get these sorted out now anyway, nice work mate !

Cheers
Fots
Did you get 3 of both dialogs after one press / depress or did you press / depress 3 times?

Torben

When I continually hold it down, I receive Sustain: 127 only 3 times. Then when I let go, it shows Sustain: 0 3 times. I believe this is where the problem lies...

While the sustain pedal is down, shouldn't the synth be receiving non-stop Sustain Pedal messages ?

I think from the coding point of view you should have a sustain mode which can = true OR false.

As soon as sustain = 127, set sustain to true
As soon as sustain = 0, set sustain to false

Just some ideas
Cheers
Fots

I think the sustain bug is dead now 8)

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/archives/s ... 101pb5.exe

And, come to think of it I think the "random notes" are as well.

Torben
Last edited by Torben on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YES !!!! working perfectly with the sustain pedal now, nice work !!

What appears even more interesting is that the hanging / random notes bug ALSO seems to be gone. Can anyone else confirm this ?

I'll continue testing it myself

Torben, did you apply this fix to all other pedals or similar controller messages too ?

Cheers
Fots

soundpalace wrote:YES !!!! working perfectly with the sustain pedal now, nice work !!

What appears even more interesting is that the hanging / random notes bug ALSO seems to be gone. Can anyone else confirm this ?

Torben, did you apply this fix to all other pedals or similar controller messages too ?

Cheers
Fots
It should all work now. The problem is that some MIDI keyboards sends a NoteOn message with Velocity=0 instead of a NoteOff message. This was handled (correctly) in Spectra but unfortunately the translation from NoteOn/Vol0 to NoteOff was placed after the Sustain code. There were a couple of other parameters that was not set correctly with the NoteOn/Vol0 so that was the reason why you had the random note problem (it was actually the new Mono auto legato code that remembered some notes as not being released).

Ahh thank you for the tests :)

Torben

Torben wrote: I think the sustain bug is dead now 8)
8)

Torben wrote:
soundpalace wrote:YES !!!! working perfectly with the sustain pedal now, nice work !!

Cheers
Fots
It should all work now. The problem is that some MIDI keyboards sends a NoteOn message with Velocity=0 instead of a NoteOff message. This was handled (correctly) in Spectra but unfortunately the translation from NoteOn/Vol0 to NoteOff was placed after the Sustain code. There were a couple of other parameters that was not set correctly with the NoteOn/Vol0 so that was the reason why you had the random note problem (it was actually the new Mono auto legato code that remembered some notes as not being released).

Ahh thank you for the tests :)

Torben
You are most welcome :D Being a software coder myself, I know exactly how frustrating bugfinding can be :D

Cheers
Fots

Holy harmonics, Batman! It's working! :D
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

pethu wrote:Holy harmonics, Batman! It's working! :D
:lol:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

FWIW, I saw the sustain pedal problem too, in Sonar, using a Fatar/Prologic SL-880Pro controller, and it seems to be fixed by pb5.

Phew! Really glad to see that sorted out. I was feeling all guilty about not getting in there and helping test . . . but Real Life, as it were, has been keeping me from my studio the past week or so.

Return to “Instruments”