VSTi thats a Virus killer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soundsubs wrote:I have a Virus b, and when the $$$ comes to me, I will likely get a Virus TI.
Good choise, if you want the Virus sound.

soundsubs wrote:Im just wondering if you all have a favorite VST that does a great imitation of a virus, or if thats still not done quite right yet?
Is there another hardware synth which sounds like a Virus, but isn't a Virus? I think not. It's the same with the software, so get a virus if you need the exact same sound. Other synths (SW and HW) have their own distinct sound & features and that's why we have alot to choose from (a good thing).

Why should every synth maker try to imitate the Virus? This would be really boring. I think the original Virus is enough. If you want it, then buy it. It's that simple.

soundsubs wrote:I need really solid basses and percussive things, a good gui and something thats inspiring. I think the minimoog types are more analogish in nature.
OK. This is probably starting to sound like I'm dissing the Virus, but I'm not. I own a Virus TI and like it very much. I use it daily in my music. It's a powerful workhorse synth with good feature set. It has a nice sterile & digital sound and that's why it sits pretty well in the mix.

However, it has it's downs also:
- It's not a very bassheavy synth. The bass can sound boomy if you turn the EQ up, but you can't get a very punchy bass out of it, which at the same time is powerful in the low register. (I believe it's the filters...)
- It's not exactly what I'd call a character synth. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on what you want to use the synth for.

If you want a Virus type of a VSTi synth, with kind of a similar sound, try Blue. It's also in many ways more versatile synth than the Virus.

But if you want the exact Virus sound, buy Virus TI.

Zebra2

Sytrus; It just takes a moment to figure it out.
..what goes around comes around..

ive owned a Access virus c for quite a few years now and to be honest the sounds it makes has never really inspired me , suppose it depends on what music you make.

Its a superb synth if you want a cheese feast.....

As many people have mentioned, the z3ta+ is okay for this but noone has mentioned the Virus Mod for the z3ta+ (based on the Virus "Classic" synth, I believe. Maybe the Indigo, not sure though). It's free and a quick folder creation and mod of the z3ta+ .dll and up and your set to go. Takes about 3 minutes.

So there ya go....

Sorry, don't have a link to it at the moment. Maybe one of the other lads can help with that or search the forums here(and obviously you will need z3ta+ as well).

Black Box Recorder wrote:As many people have mentioned, the z3ta+ is okay for this but noone has mentioned the Virus Mod for the z3ta+ (based on the Virus "Classic" synth, I believe. Maybe the Indigo, not sure though). It's free and a quick folder creation and mod of the z3ta+ .dll and up and your set to go. Takes about 3 minutes.

So there ya go....

Sorry, don't have a link to it at the moment. Maybe one of the other lads can help with that or search the forums here(and obviously you will need z3ta+ as well).
hello,
I made that mod
it doesn't sound at all like a virus as it wasn't meant to

ciao
Francesco

then why is it called Virus Mod? or at least known as such?

I think it was made with virus waveforms, available freely on the net...maybe?

CANE CREEK wrote:ive owned a Access virus c for quite a few years now and to be honest the sounds it makes has never really inspired me , suppose it depends on what music you make.

Its a superb synth if you want a cheese feast.....
doesnt it have a huge mod matrix, a load of effects and a lotsa cool filters? Isnt it up to the user to program 'non cheesey' interesting sounds?
listen to my tunes here:
http://soundcloud.com/damien-chamizo

The virus is plenty capable of non cheesey sounds and can do gritty rhythmic textures and stuff like that if that's what you want to make it do. It is pretty flexible and makes a great general purpose VA-type synth.

The presets largely remind you of typical trance or typical synthy sounds, so I suppose they are indeed cheesy.

Return to “Instruments”