Which synths have unison ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_starcraft_ wrote:z3ta doesn't have unison as such.
pentagon doesnt have unison.
superwave doesn't have unison.
really..some ppl here are unbelievable in talkin crap.
is unison the button which is called unison - in your opinion? :hihi:

No one has mentioned the FREE synth SubDuer
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1923.html

I recently Dl'de this synth and noticed it has unison.

Wondering what the "KvR Unison Quality Assessment Panel" will have to say about this one???

cYrus wrote:
is unison the button which is called unison - in your opinion? :hihi:
well I must admit that this is what I was hoping for. If we counted all synths that could do unison without a special unison button then pretty much any synth with 2 oscs or more could do it.

Now THAT's a lotta synths to choose from :D

Cheers
Fots

1-2-Many wrote:No one has mentioned the FREE synth SubDuer
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1923.html

I recently Dl'de this synth and noticed it has unison.

Wondering what the "KvR Unison Quality Assessment Panel" will have to say about this one???
hey there, the unison on this one is quite impressive. The thing that I have noticed about Synthedit synths however is that the waveforms, just the basic waveforms are of a very low quality. It almost seems that they are band limited incorrectly. I had heard this with several SynthEdit synths and just now I confirmed it with an FFT analyser. There's some serious rolloff happening which results in a very dull high end. I was using the sawtooth waveform btw.

Still a very nice synth, very nice feature set.

Thanks for the recommendation

Cheers
Fots

OK then. Some unison is more unison than other unison. :lol: :wink: :love: 8)
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

Fots,

did you check Xhip beyond the GUI? I still recommend it, also for your new query. :wink:

Best wishes, FRitz

soundpalace wrote: Maybe you could give me some instruction as to how to enable the unison mode on some of the synths you mention, that would be fantastic. Essentially it should be an on/off button and a "spread" or "detune" control.
For Xhip:

Go to the control page (the buttons at the bottom) and there in the third row of the sliders you see the four unison sliders. First one for number of voices for unison ( 1 - 8 ), second for normal detune, third for random detune (works even without the normal detune!) and a distribution slider.
soundpalace wrote: Any good suggestions for a VA based Sync / Ringmod type synth would be cool too. Here are the ones I have found that have both sync and ringmod...

Sync you'll find on the main page and the Ringmod switch is on the filter page. Maybe not the coolest layout of controls and the GUI is not the best ever but the SOUND is great. At least to me. :wink:

All the best, FRitz

P.S. Did you ever check out the Korg legacy collection?
Polysix: Instant goa trance
Ms-20: Instant techno
Wavestation: Instant plastic

The first and second are positive for me the third does nothing to me.

oh sorry Fritz, I saw your post and was definitely going to try xhip again, I'll give it a shot very soon and let you know. I do remember that it had stunning sound quality. I'll have to try and get over the ugly GUI for now as I hear it is being improved anyway.

I'll write back soon

Cheers
Fots

I think it should be polyson, as true unison would only multiply the volume of the sound.

fritz :D Regarding the Korg Legacy Collection, I didn't try it because I can't afford it and I didn't want to be tempted lol

I'm working with the xhip unison right now and it's not bad at all. The only thing I do find with it (I've tried almost all settings with those 4 sliders) is that it takes a few seconds before the oscillators are at different phases which means that initially I get the flanging effect. But after that point, it sounds wonderful !

I can't wait to see how the final version of this synth comes out :D

Thanks a lot for pointing me to it again budd

Cheers
Fots

soundpalace wrote:fritz :D Regarding the Korg Legacy Collection, I didn't try it because I can't afford it and I didn't want to be tempted lol
IRRC, Korg has stopped production of the legacy package with it's 84% sized MS20 controller. The rumor is that the currently released digital collection (M1 & Wavestation) will be joined by a vintage collection (Polysix and MS20). I suspect that they'll sell for about $199 usd for each "collection."

Of course, why support a gigantic corporation like Yamaha when you can support Urs, Harry Gohs or MadGav? (Or any other number of smaller developers.)

if it hasn't been mentioned before, Sytrus has a neat unison feature, with up to 9 instances and spread controls for volume, envelope, tuning ....

I think he chose Toxic over Sytrus. Probably due to its lower price and easier to grok interface.

That said I'm glad I snagged Sytrus at its introductory price.

I grabbed it at $59 , too. Bargain of 2005, definitely. :-)

Sytrus definitely has one of the best implementations so far.

Anyone remember the big unison argument last time? :D

Judging from the 'stacking oscillators equal unison' approach, apparently not ;)
Now available with added Inherently Suspect Justification!

Return to “Instruments”