KONTAKT 2 VS FL STUDIO 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone else have such pathetic stability issues using Kontakt 2 within FL Studio, Kontakt 2 is really involving to use but I feel like I wasted my cash because it's always crashing in my host choice, to the point where all the joy gets sucked out, i.e often 2, 3 times in a 2 hour session. I would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced similar issues, so I can decide how much blame to land on my hardware.

A

Visit the NI forums. There are many people like you unhappy with K2.

My oh my, it does look grim over there.

I've been using Kontakt for quite some time (and upgraded to Kontakt 2) but it works fine for me aside from the occasional problem. Overall I'm really happy with the program, the library and the functions. However, I do rarely edit instruments or build new ones so I can't really say anything on it's stability if you do that. It's my guess though that the majority of users where it all works don't feel the need to post.

You should try using only the stand alone version for a while and see if you continue to have problems, that way you can see if it's the combination of FL and Kontakt that's causing the problem.
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

Good point, I usually get crashes e.g when I use a drumkit and I'm using a lot of send effects for individual hits, it does seem to run into problems with effects for me.

I have been using my Kontakt 2 for some days now in a Pro Tools project. And it hasn't crashed Pro Tools yet.

BUT (!) and this is very annoying, I'm hearing these 'crackle' noises from it... Once in about every 5 seconds or more often, I hear it. I've did some troubleshooting, deleting the multi-sampled big instruments that I was using, and tested a very simple 10kb sineware instead, but I still get these crackles. So, i don't know, but it doesn't appear to a RAM issue. I'm using a Mac dual G5 2.5 Ghz with 1.5 GB RAM and upgraded graphics card as well.

Hmm...

Simp wrote:I have been using my Kontakt 2 for some days now in a Pro Tools project. And it hasn't crashed Pro Tools yet.

BUT (!) and this is very annoying, I'm hearing these 'crackle' noises from it... Once in about every 5 seconds or more often, I hear it. I've did some troubleshooting, deleting the multi-sampled big instruments that I was using, and tested a very simple 10kb sineware instead, but I still get these crackles. So, i don't know, but it doesn't appear to a RAM issue. I'm using a Mac dual G5 2.5 Ghz with 1.5 GB RAM and upgraded graphics card as well.

Hmm...
Unchecking the "use multiprocessing" box in the prefs fixed this problem for me.

ive been using K2 in cubase sx 3 for many months now and it runs perfectly.

i still dont think developers take sequencers like fruity loops seriously and until they do your always going to get glitches with these powerful plugins.

speaking of K2 ive been waiting eagerly for the release of the DVD tutorial , still no sign of it yet on the NI site.

@ kuniklo

Thanks for the advise! I'll try that first thing in the morning tomorrow. Good night!

(bites lip)

you are 100% correct.

I had no end of problems using the "bigger vsti's" for the short time I had Fruity Loops :oops:

I did manage to get reflex (fred who made the wrapper) to fix a problem with zipper noise etc, but that was a one off sittuation.

I also use K2 in sx3 with 0 problems.

to the original poster, try it in a host like energyXT, if it works you know it's a Fruity problem.

good luck getting a fix.
CANE CREEK wrote:i still dont think developers take sequencers like fruity loops seriously and until they do your always going to get glitches with these powerful plugins.

I've never had a K2 crash in Live 5.
Image Image

Return to “Instruments”