No downloadable Demos from Steinberg????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What??

I am interested in Hypersonic 2 but Steinberg has no downloadable Demos?

How am I supposed to know if my hard owned money is well spent?

Yes they have four MP3 demos to listen to and one video demo but hello! none of them was any good!

This is just MAD!

All other synth-software companies has downloadable demos so you can descide if it is good or not.

Yes I know Apple don`t have it but it is because they are not selling the softsynths without Logic.

Yes I am MAD! :shock:
Ibis

There are no demos of Korg Digital Edition. No demos of Cakewalk's Dimension Pro or Rapture. No demos of Spectrasonics Stylus RMX/Atmosphere/Trilogy. No demos of virtually anything that has large amounts of sample content (for license and demo size reasons).

So in short, there are lots of things that don't have downloadable demos. You'll either have to make do with audio demos and general chatter about them on the net, or get on down to your local shop and try them out if you can.

It's just the way it is.

... Perhaps if Steinberg offered 'demos' - more people would become aware (first-hand) of the number of their apps that don't work. (at least for the intended/desired purpose)

Hence - no demos.

der_gary wrote:... Perhaps if Steinberg offered 'demos' - more people would become aware (first-hand) of the number of their apps that don't work. (at least for the intended/desired purpose)

Hence - no demos.
haha :) You're teh funny :)
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

One of the two main reasons why Cubase SX3, among certain others, gets so much more warez downloads than similar, competing products.

(1) No downloadable demo
(2) Legitimate users downloading the dongle crack

Way to go, Steinberg! :roll:

My advice? Download the warez version, and pretend its a demo. Try it for 30 days, if you like it, buy it, if you dont, erase the warez version.

Whats that? Do you hear it too? It must be the warez police approaching, omg! f**k off :x

arke wrote:One of the two main reasons why Cubase SX3, among certain others, gets so much more warez downloads than similar, competing products.

(1) No downloadable demo

My advice? Download the warez version, and pretend its a demo. Try it for 30 days, if you like it, buy it, if you dont, erase the warez version.

Whats that? Do you hear it too? It must be the warez police approaching, omg! f**k off :x
Hey, I agree. Steinberg is foolish to not provide a demo. I'm scared they're going to have to stop making Cubase because they will get zero new users. It's like Yellow Tools' Independance - how can they hope to compete with Kontakt/HALion/EXS if no one can try it??? Thanks, iLok. :( :x

I think it's H20 that administers steinberg product demo releases.

Reverse Engineer wrote:I think it's H20 that administers steinberg product demo releases.
Hey, apparently they know how to clean up the dongle code! :lol:

bduffy wrote:
arke wrote:One of the two main reasons why Cubase SX3, among certain others, gets so much more warez downloads than similar, competing products.

(1) No downloadable demo

Hey, I agree. Steinberg is foolish to not provide a demo. I'm scared they're going to have to stop making Cubase because they will get zero new users. It's like Yellow Tools' Independance - how can they hope to compete with Kontakt/HALion/EXS if no one can try it??? Thanks, iLok. :( :x
A demo version of Cubase SX 3 is provided with a time-limited license with these products:

The Grand 2
Groove Agent 2
HALion 3.1
HALion String Edition 2
Virtual Bassist
HALion Player (Retail)

But yeah, you need to pay to get Cubase SX 3 demo into your hands :hihi: .

Juha

Reverse Engineer wrote:I think it's H20 that administers steinberg product demo releases.
And they do it for free. What's not to like? 8)
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

juha_p wrote:
bduffy wrote:

(1) No downloadable demo

A demo version of Cubase SX 3 is provided with a time-limited license with these products:

The Grand 2
Groove Agent 2
HALion 3.1
HALion String Edition 2
Virtual Bassist
HALion Player (Retail)

But yeah, you need to pay to get Cubase SX 3 demo into your hands :hihi: .

Juha
Yeah, that's what Steinberg said when I wrote them about this a few weeks back. Doesn't really help Joe Shmoe, though. I guess they're hoping that beginners will grab the System|4 (which is a great value)...but still, it's not even like Waves or URS demos, where you can try them out if you go buy a $40 iLok Key. Sad, sez I.

actually if you contact your local distributer and purchase a cubase dongle i understand you can get a time limited cubase demo - costs about £20 for the dongle tho - but you could punt it on ebay if you dont like it
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:actually if you contact your local distributer and purchase a cubase dongle i understand you can get a time limited cubase demo - costs about £20 for the dongle tho - but you could punt it on ebay if you dont like it
No sh*t. Still, it's a PITA; and they'll lose sales to demo-able hosts.

Return to “Instruments”