Variax

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

Im kinda stupid & I like to live my life in debt so before Ive finally paid the bank what I owe them Im gonna be hitting them for another loan which leads me to...

The Line6 Variax

Whats the bloody difference between all the models please???

300-500-600-700... they all have the same 25 modeled guitars right??? And they all can use the WorkBench Software no??? If so why would one buy the 700 when the 300 has the same features... my head is going to explode!!! Ultra-Quiet recordings would be nice and alternate tunings at the flick of a switch :love:

Oh and anyone have opinions on the Tronical thingy announced at Namm???

Cheers guys,
Dave

CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

Its mostly body stuff.. Fancier materials, better action, tremolo etc.

Actually I'm thinking of buying the 300 very soon. Any thoughts? Love it, hate it?

Well cool!

If its only cosmetics thats cool because its only the guts I want (as in quiet recordings - tunings etc...)

Also I wouldnt imagine something like the Tronical and a tremolo would like each other... ummm a quiet guitar that stays in tune ALL the time!!!

Anyone played the different models???

Cheers guys!

Dave

I have the Variax 500, when i bought it it was either that or the 700 and that one was twice the price. I have NO regrets what so ever buying the 500. It's an amazing instrument and it gets played more than my other guitars combined. It hasn't got the playability of my Blade, but it's more than ok to me. If I should buy a Variax today I would play all the models and choose the one I liked to play the best within my budget - likely a 600.

From what i've seen and heard the 300s are not very well made at all, i would go 500 or 700. Er.. what's the 600 again?

If you like old guitars... i.e. Fender's, than the 600 is the way to go! The neck is sort of like a 70s strat or tele. Kind of nice... I just tried one out at Sam Ash... Needs to be set up (like most old Fender's) but the playability and sounds are pretty slick. Again, if you like Fender's stuff. The 700 is more of a contemporary feel neck, and more expensive because of body materials! But be aware that Warmouth (good stuff) is making replacement necks and bodies for the original and 700 (probably 600 at some point) so you can get any type neck or body you want... Now the sounds of the 600 are mostly vintage, and I'd have to say pretty cool considering I own an old strat and tele. The acoustic guitar sound was scary it sounded so realistic! And NO NOISE at all with the thing... Not sure about clean dynamics, because I didn't get a chance to crank it, but I wouldn't mind having one myself!

I may get a 600! :)

I have the 500, the Variax Bass, Workbench, and the POD XT Live. I bought Workbench hoping to be able to do Bass stuff with it (by tuning down an octave) but it acts a little squirrely (tuning wise) so I went for the Variax Bass.

The 500 is fine for my needs. I wouldn't mind having the tremelo but it didn't exist at the time. I'm also not a Steve Vai kinda player but if I was I would want the 700. XT Live is great because you can get a $40 cable that links to the Variax and XT Live will store/transmit the Variax model along with the sounds of the amp and effects.

The sound going into my Firebox is, indeed, very quiet. The primary benefit I get from using these tools is barely having to engineer at all. If a sound isn't working for me, it's easy to tweak or dial up something new.

If that all sounds too good to be true, well, I can barely believe it myself! 8)
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Thanks very much guys - Im leaning more to the 500 (if one can be found) as the tuning system is something I would like in the future and Im not sure how that would work with a tremolo...

Oooh I want one!!!

Thanks again,
Dave

Return to “Instruments”