Who wants an Arturia Jupiter 8???? Because I do!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been lusting after this synth for ages, and i'm sure almost everyone else has too. Its a classic, looks cool and hasnt been recreated yet. Im wondering why the hell not? Arturia is my last hope.. lets face it, if Roland arent gonna step up then somebody else has got to. So c'mon arturia, get started on this.. we want it!

Only after they make an Oberheim Xpander.

Yes, I want an Arturia version of the Jupiter 8.

Unfortunately, as Roland doesn't seem too anxious to grant the licensing to *anyone* for *anything*, it doesn't look likely. Evidently Arturia has already approached Roland with this concept, who turned them down flat.

Oh, and all the closet pirates out there who bitch so hard about copy protection can kiss my ass. If Auturia comes out with a Jupiter 8, I don't care if the copy protection includes a foul-smelling feral extra-y-chromasome mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging neanderthal with a bazooka, I'm buying it.

Leave my Uncle Louie out of this, if you please.

i used to have a jupiter6 .. very nice synth ... totally inspiring. Used it on the intro of this track as it happens.
i've never got my hands on a jupiter8 ... so i'd like to see a software version

is there anything even close in vsti?

lemmywinks wrote:I don't care if the copy protection includes a foul-smelling feral extra-y-chromasome mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging neanderthal with a bazooka, I'm buying it.

Yes Jupiter 6 & 8!!!!!

lemmywinks wrote:Yes, I want an Arturia version of the Jupiter 8.

Unfortunately, as Roland doesn't seem too anxious to grant the licensing to *anyone* for *anything*, it doesn't look likely. Evidently Arturia has already approached Roland with this concept, who turned them down flat.

Oh, and all the closet pirates out there who bitch so hard about copy protection can kiss my ass.
Been using VSTis for long Lemmy ? Thought not.

It's the honest users who bitch about copy protection. Warez users don't have to worry.

John Vulich wrote:
lemmywinks wrote:I don't care if the copy protection includes a foul-smelling feral extra-y-chromasome mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging neanderthal with a bazooka, I'm buying it.
Now I'm all hot.

Cabinfever wrote:

Oh, and all the closet pirates out there who bitch so hard about copy protection can kiss my ass.

It's the honest users who bitch about copy protection. Warez users don't have to worry.

heh. and to think i was going to swear at the little bitch :lol: you said it so much more eloquently than i would :D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:
Cabinfever wrote:

heh. and to think i was going to swear at the little bitch :lol: you said it so much more eloquently than i would :D
You guys can flame me from here to eternity, but it doesn't change the fact that nobody -- nobody at all -- has come up with a *plausible* reason to counter software protection. Oh, I've heard plenty of worst-case-scenarios much like mothers use when telling us why we couldn't go to the park by ourselves, but nothing substantiative.

And nobody seems to want to run these "what-ifs" by the manufacturers, which companies like Arturia seem to want to bend over backwards to help. All I see is just a lot of juvenile whining, sniveling, pissing and moaning about copy protection.

Well here's the thing kiddies, software costs money to develop, and this kind of specialized software requires some specialized programming capabilities which don't come cheap or easy. So if a company like Arturia feel compelled to protect their investment by integrating hardware-based copy protection, fine by me. And if they decide they don't want their demo versions hacked into service by integrating that same copy protection, fine by me.

about the Jupiter8 emulation: I told somewhere else that either Arturia or any other wanting to emulate a JP4-6-8 synth has to deal with a competitor made by Roland itself, it is the VariOS-8 and, although anyone can say that emulation is a perfect crap , it is genuine Roland ,and for sure Roland cares of NOT having a direct competitor, call it Arturia or whatever else...so I think that we will have to have our hairs whitened before we can see a "non Roland" synth emulation of a Roland :D !

About dongles I'm disappointed...I care about Arturia because, market-is-market, they gave me what I was looking for ( a Yammy CS80 )but, on the other side I have mixed feelings about that copy protection : on a side I recognize their work should be protected from piracy, copycats etc, I would think so if I was doing that kind of work, but, as a devoted customer, I feel like let down...I'm paying good moneys , why should I get limited while warez users don't? Ok it's a matter of principles, no piracy=no dongles but is this the ONE AND ONLY way to limit that?
M
This Plug In KILLS Fascists

By the way, I'd rather prefer a perfect emulation of the ELKA Synthex, in praise of the genius of Mr.Mario Maggi...
M
This Plug In KILLS Fascists

John Vulich wrote:

:lol: My friend had the program that you use to create those images a while back. He printed up a few and took them to classes, and about got expelled on it because in the description next to the photo he wrote "This is a gnome, and this gnome likes to suck old mens dicks. :lol: I miss the ol' days.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Return to “Instruments”