Rapture vs. z3ta+

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using z3ta+ for quite some time now and when I heard that rapture is (kind of) the sequell to this fantastic synth, I got curious.

I also hear that DimPro is the one at the top of the ladder (z3ta+ > Rapture > DimPro).

Do I get anything new that would justify and upgrade from z3ta+ to Rapture?
What are the major differences between the two monsters?

I mostly used z3ta+ for basses and leads, and I would gladly see if rapture offers an even wider and sharper repetoire of bass-patches.

thanks!

The sequencers, routing of fx...send fx for each osc (or element as they are called) plus insert effects PLUS master output effect slot makes for, well, alot of effects..lol.....EQ's on each element that can be chained to each other to save CPU power, very sleek interface, graphic multipoint envelopes with the ability to adjust points and their respective slopes/curves...you can choose the routing of both filters into an extra multimode distortion unit, all kinds of keyboard commands.....um.....Crazy amount of unison and detune for each element....smoother filters than z3ta IMO....I could be wrong though....oh, you can add a filter and lfo to modulate any of the effect slots....a very complex midi routing matrix.....loads not only sampled waveforms like z3ta, but also multisamples since it loads sfz files. Probably a whole lot more things as well that z3ta+ doesn't have. Definitely good reasons to have both installed on your system.

Peace

Frank
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Actually, I think rapture has alot of stuff that dimension pro doesn't have. don't quote me on that though...I don't know for sure.
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

If Rapture is z3ta+ sequel, can we expect z3ta to be bundled with Sonar 6 come October? :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”