ToTc rockin Devine Machine's Krishna (Krishna Speaks!!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw timC posting some ambient stuff. So I got the ok from DM and decided to post a few previews of my own work with Krishna.

Can't give you any details except for this:

-All demos are 1 preset each (1 instance of Krishna)
-All demos are Krishna ONLY..no Xternal Processing

So, here's 8 for ya:

1. Bass-FG-Creamy (info: me playing a few notes on the ol' PCR-50....varied velocity, you'll notice it changes the filter strength)

2. Loop-FG-RunItDMC (NOTE: All I'm doing in this Mp3 is holding down 1 key...the entire time. I've programmed Krishna to do the rest)

3. Loop-FG-TheChase (NOTE: Again, this is a recording of me holding down 1 key for the duration of the mp3...I have 1 instance of Krishna programmed to play all the parts by it's self)

4. Synth-FG-HeavyPWM (NOTE: Simple, yet FAT and WIDE pwm type synth sound...sort of pad-ish...maybe for of a bedding for a song.)

5. Bass-FG-Digitalis (Info: Korny bass notes...harsh digital bass sound. :) )

6. Keys-FG-LoFiPiano (Info: preset is meant to sound old, warn, and vinylish...could be used for a gritty lofi introduction or break or something like that.)

7. Lead-FG-Ripper (Info: Careful, this one could easily tear your face off :-o )

8. Pad-FG-Spooky (Info: Calming yet haunting ambience)

9. Krishna-FG-ToTcOwnsYou (Info: Have Krishna programmed to say the phrase "totc owns you". This mp3 showcases me playing the phrase over 3 octaves.)

That's all you get for now folks. I did have it speaking too! Had it saying my favorite lines from the movie "AirPlane"...but I scrapped those presets to avoid any copyright confusion. :lol:

So, whaddya think so far?

I'm posting these becuase I want community feedback on the direction i'm going in.

Let me hear it!

Peace,

Frank 8)

:EDIT: -MARCH 20TH 2006- Added 5 more mp3's of presets..(numbers 5-9 )...1 Speech demo added. :EDIT:
Last edited by TotcProductions on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I would like to hear the talking presets.

dw

dusted william wrote:I would like to hear the talking presets.

dw
It's not a sample player...so it doesn't speak fluently...it does do a nice vocoder-like speech though. I'll wire it up to say a few things and post more mp3's later.

Focus on the 4 for now. :P :hihi:

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I'll be looking forward to that for sure, that is my main interest in this thing.

-dw

the four examples sound great, Frank 8)
...but I, for one, am still very curious as to *what* Krishna "is"... from the diametric difference in yours and TC's ambient demo, it's pretty apparent that Krishna is very capable of doing VERY different sounds VERY well....but curiosity is killin' me! Me want to know more now :P
...but until you *can* tell us more- feel free to post more examples :hyper:

Sounds good Frank. Krishna sounds like an analog box with arp possibilities - sounds really fat - like unison fat. Possibly like wusik in that it can evolve sounds (waves maybe) over time.

Love to know more. I have tons of analog instruments, but I wouldn't mind one that does it all in one shot.

Mike

Sorry guys...I've been sworn to silence....or a non-disclosure agreement...whichever you prefer. :lol: All I can say is this is something brand spankin new. No unison, no wusikstation-like wavesequencer...just creative new stuff from DM, as is usual with them.

I'll post more examples as I make more presets.

:)

Peace

-=ToTc Owns You=-

:BUMP: Added 4 new mp3's to the first post :BUMP:

:D

-=ToTc Owns You=-

TotcProductions wrote:Sorry guys...I've been sworn to silence....or a non-disclosure agreement...whichever you prefer. :lol: All I can say is this is something brand spankin new. No unison, no wusikstation-like wavesequencer...just creative new stuff from DM, as is usual with them.

Peace
Any idea what the projected release date is???

Thanks.

wmayhem wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Sorry guys...I've been sworn to silence....or a non-disclosure agreement...whichever you prefer. :lol: All I can say is this is something brand spankin new. No unison, no wusikstation-like wavesequencer...just creative new stuff from DM, as is usual with them.

Peace
Any idea what the projected release date is???

Thanks.
Nope. Not allowed to hand that info out either. :P :oops:

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Ok, for those that wanted it, i've added an mp3 of Krishna telling you how it is. :lol: :P
It's a demo of the vocoder like speech Krishna is capable of.

peace

Frank 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I must say, since flexing my gaming skills and winning a copy of Lucifer :hyper:, I've been looking a lot more at the Devine Machine stuff. Before this, they hadn't grabbed my interest, but playing around with Lucifer (and noting how powerful it is), along with listening to the audio demo's you posted above, has certainly changed my perspective. I'm very interested to see how Krishna turns out.

How easy is it to program?

Mikomi wrote:I must say, since flexing my gaming skills and winning a copy of Lucifer :hyper:, I've been looking a lot more at the Devine Machine stuff. Before this, they hadn't grabbed my interest, but playing around with Lucifer (and noting how powerful it is), along with listening to the audio demo's you posted above, has certainly changed my perspective. I'm very interested to see how Krishna turns out.

How easy is it to program?
Suprisingly easy actually...that's my honest opinion too. At first glance, I was a bit intimidated by it...since it's 'new' technology...but once I got my nerve up and dove in, I found my self swimming to the deep end with ease. I'm operating without any documentation as well at the moment...so I imagine a novice user could whip up some amazing sounds with a short glance at a quick start guide of some sort.

Thanks for listening. :)

Peace,

Frank 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

The synth sounds didn't really do anything for me, but that piano thing, wow. Ok, that spooky pad was nice as well.

Can't wait to see what can be coaxed out of that speech section though... I have a strong feeling that'll be the feature I like the most :)

JMH
Now available with added Inherently Suspect Justification!

jmh wrote:The synth sounds didn't really do anything for me, but that piano thing, wow. Ok, that spooky pad was nice as well.

Can't wait to see what can be coaxed out of that speech section though... I have a strong feeling that'll be the feature I like the most :)

JMH
Different strokes. Glad you liked the piano preset.

I'm going for big, bad, and dirty sounds with this release. And some gritty/lo-fi/vinylized type stuff as well. There will be plenty of other presets i'm sure...TimC is on the case as well, so expect plenty of ambience and spacey pads. :)

Next?

peace,

Frank 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Return to “Instruments”