arcDev Mainliner X2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

another noize toy from ArcDev ... whoohoo :hyper:
will check it out this eve!

thank you for all the cool plugs ... i'm loving the Teminal Sound System tunes too

dystonia_ek wrote:
Sickle wrote:A quick and dirty mainliner2/Dubb Box2 combo(with Boogex thrown in for distortion):

link

:violin:
Now post the 20-minute version already! :hyper:
Oops..

I guess I'll have to make another one from scratch..OK, you talked me into it..

:hihi:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

This is IMHO of course far better than Mainliner 1 in so many ways it's not funny.
Very cool GUI BTW.
Great stuff.
Sounds damn good also 8) .

Thanks for Omniseq and for promoting WWF.

pakana wrote:Thanks for Omniseq and for promoting WWF.
my pleasure

heh, I often wonder whether anyone ever uses OmniSeq. Me, I reckon it's a stroke of genius
:D

Great synth - you've managed to improve the breed with this one (and Mainliner was one of my fave bassline synths already). Thanx! 8)
"Music is native to the human mind. There is not a culture on Earth that does not have it, and our brains are wired to apprehend and be moved by its magic." - National Geographic, March 2005

Excellent. 8)

stk, i love your plugins!
Great synth, Thanks :D

I dig, I dig. The sound is quite good, but you've heard enough about that by now. ;p

Really what impresses me the most is the amount of work you put into the subtle aspects of the GUI. Especially the blue & white graphic menu system that functions almost like a matrix for choosing parameters within the envelope generators section. I've never seen anyone do anything like that in a SynthEdit creation and I actually don't know how you did it... but probably using custom modules and such. Regardless of method implored the achievement is awesome. I only wish that menu had a much larger font. I don't understand why your fonts are usually so extremely tiny (see Hosebeast). I really like how the menu becomes a digit display when controls are altered, genius, and unique.

Definitely a keeper, and along with Oatmeal and Rez 2, this has been one hell of a quarter for free synth VSTs. :shock:

I'm really glad you've had a resurgence in VST output, BTW. If I were to be a bastard and beg for another update of a previous arcane device I'd scream for Cyclotron, as IMHO that's still your best work. :dance wiggle:

Oh, and... THANKS!

JackDark wrote:
Really what impresses me the most is the amount of work you put into the subtle aspects of the GUI. Especially the blue & white graphic menu system that functions almost like a matrix for choosing parameters within the envelope generators section. I've never seen anyone do anything like that in a SynthEdit creation and I actually don't know how you did it... but probably using custom modules and such. Regardless of method implored the achievement is awesome.
Yes, the magic of subcontrols :) the popup menu is from Dave Haupt, but really everything else can be done with standard menus with a little more stuffing around.
I only wish that menu had a much larger font. I don't understand why your fonts are usually so extremely tiny (see Hosebeast).
Point taken. I'm always tossing up between font size and screen real estate, as I'm not a big fan of mammoth-gui synths. The size of the 'screen' on ML2 was pretty much dictated by the space left over for it, without adding an extra ~200px to the overall size.

An earlier version had a lot more page switching, which allowed bigger fonts, but made programming a bit more fiddly.
I really like how the menu becomes a digit display when controls are altered, genius, and unique.

cheers. That took me many hours to link up and get working properly. Again, uses Haupt modules, but can be done with standard subcontrols.
I'm really glad you've had a resurgence in VST output, BTW. If I were to be a bastard and beg for another update of a previous arcane device I'd scream for Cyclotron, as IMHO that's still your best work. :dance wiggle:
since you mention it....

cheers,
sk

:o :-o Awesome...

stk wrote:Image
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Great, now my keyboard's all sticky.

:hail: :party:

Without wrote:Image
:o :-o Awesome...
looks great, but what does it do?
zort!