BFD Deluxe driving me crazy -- help

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A few years ago, I bought BFD when it first came out, plus the Fxpansion Vst-AU converter. I register the products then install BFD.

Next I get first BFD expansion pack. Some of the drums (tambourines, for example) do not show up and some of the kits crash my system (maple brush, for eample, running Logic on a Mac.) I upgrade my osx (to 10.3) and AU validations cause all sorts of problems with BFD and XL. Go to site to download updates, etc. major hassle, get 75% operation of my kits.

Now I buy BFD Deluxe. Go to site to register. Site/registration has changed--now I have to re-register all my previous verisons of the product and I have to get a new version of the Fxspansion VST-AU (1.5) to install Deluxe!!?

I am trying to find the best route to go about installing BFD Deluxe, get all the kits from my previous purchases working properly in the easiest fashion. Does anyone have any suggestions/courses of actions?

Thanks.

Hi Jonny,

first of all you should post your questions in the FXpansion forum (number 13), there you can reach most of the developers and other BFD users too.

To run the BFD DLX expansion you will need the latest BFD version 1.5.0.39 but you do not need the VST-AU adapter since BFD is already available in the AU format. AU validation should run smoothly in Logic. I suggest that after you have installed the latest version and all expansion packs to run BFD in the stand alone version once to enter the serials and to set the path of your BFD folder. After you have successfuly run BFD in the stand alone version you should have no problem to run it as a plug-in in Logic.

Cheers

Fr@nk
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Return to “Instruments”