ScanSynthGL Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blah
Last edited by splattabreakz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

WOW, this is a fun synth to use and see. Great sound as well, I was able to create some nice PHAT sounds out of it, especially the nice phat trance saw wave. :D It would be cool if there was also the option where you could hold in place the new waveforms you were creating, so you could build onto the waveform with each new click.

first of all, thanks for the nice feedback.
rogerperrin wrote:I was unable to turn off the retrigger without completely turning off the note-on trigger. (silence results.)

Also, possible related to the above, If I were to play a chord, lift one finger and play another key while holding the other notes down, when I pressed the new key, all of the chord notes would begin again in the ADSR cycle as though they had been pressed again.

Also, I sometimes hear popping percussive noises on successive notes, after the first note. I was unable to tweak them out with the ADSR.
I'll add more triggering modes, like the first note being held triggers the hammering and not the others.

the ADSR doesn't start again for the held notes, but as the string it being hitted again because of the new note you hear another attack and decay but only because of the string, not the ADSRs.

BTW the string is shared between voices.
Canned Heat wrote:It seems there's no difference between Gauss and Pulse hammers.
yes Pulse is not implemented, I'll have some more in the next versions
DaveSmom wrote:I tried in FL. Is the waveform display meant to be only in the top left quarter of the screen ???
not really...
It think there's some conflict with the OpenGL context I use for the waveform and the way FruityLoops handles its graphics.
michu wrote:i'd like to know more about what does length, clip acceleration and clip velocity...
also, instead of turning retrigger on and off i'd prefer continuous hammer strength.
length, mass... are the physical parameters of the string, that change the way the string evolve.
clip acceleration and clip velocity will affect the way the model is computed, and help the string behave more smoothly, of course it also affect the resulting sounds.
Z3R0T0N1N wrote:really interesting synth. i was having some trouble taming the non-gui version, but this makes it a bit easier. I really like some of the sounds that come out of it.
:)
I know the name was going to confuse people, actually this synth is the 2nd Scanned Synthesis VST synth, the first being written by John Proctor
http://www.humanoidsounds.co.uk/

the first implementations being available for csound and maxmsp some years ago.

Compared to the number of Substractive and virtual analog synths, I think there is room for several variations on the ScannedSynthesis theme.
I'm thinking about possibly making 2 variations of this one.

If you have better names for these synths, the naming contest is open.

blah
Last edited by splattabreakz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

Thid is awesome, the sounds are wonderful. A name contest, heh? Hmmmmm, I'm thinking, I'm thinking. 8) How about :

SCANNER
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

What's the status on Greed, btw?
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

I think there is a problem with the mouse not being released when dragged outside the display window but that can be abused to being able to change the wave without having to keep the mouse clicked.

Fabulous synth ...

plastique wrote:I think there is a problem with the mouse not being released when dragged outside the display window but that can be abused to being able to change the wave without having to keep the mouse clicked.

Fabulous synth ...
That's great info to know!!!!!! I'll try it soon as I get off work tonight!! :tu:
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

Nice to see some innovation in User Interface design

Running the sinus hammer through SpinnerLE is just excellent!

It needs a output level control, maybe in conjunction with a limiter.

When this thing is done and it's full of features, this could be the best thing to hit computer synthesis in a LONG time. Very very expressive. It's already very expressive, and I like the aim you're going for, it's to make normal wave forms more expressive and not to create wacked out experimental sounds.

lowercase, it can do wacked out experimental all too easy ;)

Sickle wrote:What's the status on Greed, btw?
I can't release it yet for some reasons which are out of my control...

egarrard wrote:Running the sinus hammer through SpinnerLE is just excellent!

It needs a output level control, maybe in conjunction with a limiter.
oops that's on my todo list, it sounds way too lood I agree.
DC blocker can also be necessary for some waveforms.

The best new synth of the year IMO!
:)

Return to “Instruments”