Whoooo! Thanks Mik! :love:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Thanks alot Mik !!!
YOU are a GENIUS !!!

Happy Easter !

:)

Yeah, Phat sounds :)

I wish there was a short manual, or some-one who could explain the knobs.
And if possible, velocity sensitivity...

But, as it is, it is GREAT !

Thanks for sharing :)
-- Regards MrM --

Hi all.

A little information about the NK 1001: It started off as a "clone" of a wellknown mono-synth by request of a few users. But the GUI lead to a note from the company in question. I couldn't release the synth with that particular look. So I turned it into something a bit different both GUI and feature-wise.
I am planning to make a polyphonic and velocity-sensitive version too :-)

Hope you'll have fun with the synth.

Cheers.

Mik,GTG Synths.

MrM wrote:Yeah, Phat sounds :)

I wish there was a short manual, or some-one who could explain the knobs.
And if possible, velocity sensitivity...

But, as it is, it is GREAT !

Thanks for sharing :)
I could make a little user manual if you like. The synth is pretty basic though. Some users may overlook the mode-switches to the right. For instance, if the AMP mode is set to GATE the sound will not release even if the release time is set to long.
Tweak these switches to get an understanding of their functions.
Anyway, if you need a manual I will make one :-)

Cheers.

Mik.

gtg605 wrote:Hi all.

A little information about the NK 1001: It started off as a "clone" of a wellknown mono-synth by request of a few users. But the GUI lead to a note from the company in question. I couldn't release the synth with that particular look. So I turned it into something a bit different both GUI and feature-wise.
I am planning to make a polyphonic and velocity-sensitive version too :-)

Hope you'll have fun with the synth.

Cheers.

Yeah, I figured that would happen. :( Don't worry Mik, they're just worried that it might take away from their MS20 vsti sales. :wink:

Great work, as usual.

Peace,

[/quote]
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Here is a quick guide to the knobs and their functions. Hope it's ok :-)

http://miksybrandt.panicnow.net/NK1001_functions.jpg

Cheers.

Mik.

Mik, thank you very much.
You are a kind man.
Cheers!
-- Regards MrM --

Thanks for the new synth, great work!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Just had a quick (well, about an hour) shot of this and i am well impressed...even some of the sounds using the FLStudio radomize "feature" (or host crasher? you decide :P ) ended up with pretty useable results (which happens like.um....NEVER usually :lol: .) Brilliant stuff :tu: So much fun to mess about with too. I don't know what it is, and i am sure you'll admit yourself it's breaking no new ground, but the way it's laid out, the way...feck it :P I don't think i need explain a thing to anyone who has tried it :lol: :P It's great fun and sounds great. :tu:

Reverse Engineer wrote:Just had a quick (well, about an hour) shot of this and i am well impressed...even some of the sounds using the FLStudio radomize "feature" (or host crasher? you decide :P ) ended up with pretty useable results (which happens like.um....NEVER usually :lol: .) Brilliant stuff :tu: So much fun to mess about with too. I don't know what it is, and i am sure you'll admit yourself it's breaking no new ground, but the way it's laid out, the way...feck it :P I don't think i need explain a thing to anyone who has tried it :lol: :P It's great fun and sounds great. :tu:
Thanks. I am glad you like it. And, yes, it's not ground breaking in any way. None of my synths are really. But I do belive in simplicity and ease of use. Quality vs. quantity, you know :-)
Have fun !

Cheers.

Mik.

I have the old Ms10, and I don't really think this one has a quite close sound...
The filter of the original beast is really raw, not a "basic" resonance, something in between resonance/ringmodulation/distortion very unique, and the oscillators are also a bit wilder than this synth...
Most of the time , to get a sound from a vsti quite close to the ms10, i use Camelphat, because it can gather reso+cutoff+overdrive, and i have dreamed a long time about a (free) ms10 vsti... Not the perfect twin, but something coming close to that unique sound (or the one of the mono/poly (I had tested gork 10sm, and another "emulation", but in every case, i think those vsti only reproduced the synth architecture, but not really the uniqueness of the sound...).

I don't want to be rude about your work, your synth is efficient and works well, but i don't really see anything a bit close to the synth i expected from the first GUI preview... !

Is it technically so impossible to get something as raw, unpredictable as these old machine in its dirtyness and gut-sounding ?
(Thanks for sharing your work freely anyway ;) !)

sinkmusic wrote:I have the old Ms10, and I don't really think this one has a quite close sound...
The filter of the original beast is really raw, not a "basic" resonance, something in between resonance/ringmodulation/distortion very unique, and the oscillators are also a bit wilder than this synth...
Most of the time , to get a sound from a vsti quite close to the ms10, i use Camelphat, because it can gather reso+cutoff+overdrive, and i have dreamed a long time about a (free) ms10 vsti... Not the perfect twin, but something coming close to that unique sound (or the one of the mono/poly (I had tested gork 10sm, and another "emulation", but in every case, i think those vsti only reproduced the synth architecture, but not really the uniqueness of the sound...).

I don't want to be rude about your work, your synth is efficient and works well, but i don't really see anything a bit close to the synth i expected from the first GUI preview... !

Is it technically so impossible to get something as raw, unpredictable as these old machine in its dirtyness and gut-sounding ?
(Thanks for sharing your work freely anyway ;) !)
No, it's not supposed to be a ms 10 clone. Like I said in the above post I took the synth to another direction since I was not allowed to use the GUI,thus no point of making a simulation afterall.The NK 1001 is a GTG Synth, not an ms 10 clone. It started off as a straight forward mono-synth with a ms 10-ish look ( by user request ),but since I couldn't use the original GUI I changed the concept and made the NK instead.

Cheers.

Mik.

Thanks for the quick guide & the free synths. Very simple & fun to use.

Return to “Instruments”