Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

2,4,6,8... everybody speculate!

Image (Edit: updated image)

:hihi:

Everything's still in flux, so don't hate me if a knob or two change position or meaning before release-time comes. But this should be pretty darn close to final.

(Other color schemes will be available eventually too.)

Design should be pretty much self-explanatory from what you see there, so not much to add. But stay tuned. It's some number of weeks away, not months. :D
Last edited by AdmiralQuality on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love:

so.... pretty..... *drool*
oh my god what is this futorisitic studio?

surprised no ones used that name before... clever. :)

is that pine you're using for the end cheeks? (looks like it from the grain). Very soft, marks easy, better off using teak.

.g

possibly the most hyper-realistic skin I've ever seen. (not the same thing as photorealistic!)

Let's just hope it sounds as good as it looks.

...on a sidenote, while the skin is a cool gimmick, it might be a deterrent when controlling the actual sound, making it slightly more difficult to see what's happening around the gui. That in comparison to more ergonomic gui design. The bright red isn't a great choice with ergonomics either.

GaryG wrote:is that pine you're using for the end cheeks? (looks like it from the grain). Very soft, marks easy, better off using teak.
:lol:

impressive screenshot!

GaryG wrote:surprised no ones used that name before... clever. :)

is that pine you're using for the end cheeks? (looks like it from the grain). Very soft, marks easy, better off using teak.

.g
I KNOW... When I thought of it then researched it, I could NOT believe that name hadn't already been taken by a synthesizer. It's been sitting there for the last 35 years, just waiting for this application!

As far as the wood... actually the texture I used is full of scratches! (Maybe I'll provide a few choices of texture eventually. Not a priority just yet though. ;) )

[EDIT: Kingston, I'm all about the ergonomics. AFAIC, this is the best way to control it! And color-wise, you'll have a choice eventually.]
Last edited by AdmiralQuality on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know... I'd seriously consider making that red darker, quite a bit. It's really bright.

It's already quite difficult to make out what's going on in the gui with a quick glance (ergonomics!), but then that bright red burns in the retinas.

looks absolutely wonderful, as a picture... but as a user interface. :roll:

Last edited by cptgone on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Actually red DOESNT burn the retinas. Part of why I like it.

Anyway, you'll obviously be more interested in the black on powder blue look.

YEEE!

don't forget the blue leds!

..kidding

well, how about a sound demo?
a filtersweep with different settings of resonance from min to max would show a bit ...
if this sounds the way it looks then this is the first real analog sounding vsti ...
so give us sound and additional specs ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Still in flux I'm afraid brok. Soon though!

Using substantially the same filter design as my other plugs, so check them out if you haven't yet.

Congrats, AdmiralQuality, that's a damn fine looking gui!!! I love the color scheme exactly the way it is. And the roosterhead knobs are divine, seriously. :D :D

You might take a closer look at the lettering, though. The letters all seem fuzzy. With my current 21" monotor and settings, the gui is exactly as wide as my screen. The length is too long for my screen. When the gui is shrunk to fit I'm worried that the lettering will go from difficult to impossible to read. It doesn't seem to be contrast or colors or my eyesight, but fuzzy letters.

A truly incredible gui, I just hope you can fix the fuzzy letters. :D :D
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

Make sure you're viewing it at 1:1 pixels. Sharpness is an issue, but I think I'm doing better than a lot of other products where you really have to squint. And while a bit smaller, their text is blocky and aliased which, to me, spoils the immersion and the vibe I'm hoping to evoke.

It won't re-size in the host app, so that's not an issue there. It's 1000x750 pixels, so should even fit on screens of people still running in 1024x768 (but just barely! ;) )

It actually takes up a bit less space than some other popular high-end soft-synths. It only looks huge. ;) It IS a big voice architecture however, and I wanted every single parameter to be viewable without having to drill down into menus or open dropdowns or scroll the interface. And I also wanted it arranged in something like an intuitive and classic sense without too much crowding. So real-estate was a BIG issue. I hope I found the "comfortable medium". :)
Last edited by AdmiralQuality on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”