Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Ingonator
KVRAF

10897 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:59 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

wagtunes wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Back in 2015 at KVR i posted my own skin available in two sizes: 1512x801 and 1200x636 pixels

Both are available at the "Banks & Patches" page for Poly-Ana here at KVR:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/poly-an ... /downloads

I just installed the bigger version as described there and it seems to work properly here in Windows 10 64-bit.

The skin uses my own design (also for the knobs) and arangement of the controls. It is called "Flatland" as it is a 2D skin without 3D effects.

There was a lot of trouble and/or bashing in that old thread where people including me posted and discussed their skins and finally it was closed (actually there semed to be more than one that was closed). Later it was forbidden to discuss Poly-Ana further at KVR (as was mentioend earlier here).
I really do not want to be involved in such discussions and/or bashing again. Either you want to try and/or use my skin or not. Really doesn't matter for me. Personally i still prefer using my own skin when using Poly-Ana.

It is more likely tat this was my last post on this topic for a while...

I just downloaded this and am willing to give it a try but I have absolutely no idea how to change the skins for this thing. I don't see any menu option on the synth that says load skin or anything like that.

So how exactly do I change it to this skin?

You have to create a specific folder and copythe "skins" folde theer. This was also descrubed at the download:
This a skin for Poly-Ana with a flat/2D design (no 3D elements except maybe the keyboard when a note is played).
The ZIP file includes two folders with the skin at 2 different resolutions (1512x801 and 1200x636). For the bigger version a corresponding display should be used (e.g. Full HD = 1920 x 1080). The skin includes a custom mod source selection wheel but works best with the drop-down menus.

The folder for the 2 different versions in the ZIP file include sub-folders with the "skin" folder and a folder with the Knob files (created in JKnobman).

The skin folder at 64-bit Windows should be copied to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Admiral Quality\Poly-Ana
At 32-bit Windows it should be copied to: C:\Program Files\Admiral Quality\Poly-Ana

The skin was created with Poly-Ana v1.3 Beta 6 so this or a later version should be used.

This is for Windows and i do not know how to do it in OSX.
The key file needed to unlock the demo is copied to the same "Poly-Ana" folder as the "Skin" folder mentioned above.

For the big version you would need a Full HD 16:9 display (1920 x 1080 pixels) like i have here. The other size has a width of 1200 pixels. I admit that the smaller one is harder to read than the bigger one but this also depends on the screen resolution.

There do not seem to be many other skins for Poly-Ana that have a width of 1500 pixels or more. For smaller skin there are also other choices including those skins from Limeflavor that are nice.
Also the arrangement of the controls in my skin is a bit different than most others that are available.
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, UltraNova, Pulse 2, BS2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Icarus, Legend, Avenger, Saurus 2, Diva, Syn'X 2, Komplete 10, VC 5, KLC, many more..
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 1 / PT 12.6
wagtunes
KVRAF

6912 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:02 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

I did follow the directions but it seems to be pulling up the same skin as before I put the new one in the directory. So I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks anyway.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:05 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

wagtunes wrote:I did follow the directions but it seems to be pulling up the same skin as before I put the new one in the directory. So I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

you should copy the whole "skin" folder into that new "Poly-Ana" folder at C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality, not just the content of the skin folder. It must be in "Program Files (x86)", not in "Program Files".

That "Poly-Ana" folder should then contain the key file (if you have teh full version) and that skin folder.

If you have a smaller screen and/or resolution you might use the smaller version with a width of 1200 pixels.
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Icarus, Legend, Avenger, Saurus 2, Diva, Syn'X 2, Komplete 10, VC 5, KLC, many more..
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 1 / PT 12.6
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Ingonator wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I did follow the directions but it seems to be pulling up the same skin as before I put the new one in the directory. So I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

you should copy the whole "skin" folder into that new "Poly-Ana" folder at C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality, not just the content of the skin folder.

That "Poly-Ana" folder should then contain the key file (if you have teh full version) and that skin folder.

If you have a smaller screen and/or resolution you might use the smaller version with a width of 1200 pixels.

Okay, question. Because I have tried putting the "skin" folder into both C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality and C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality/Poly-Ana

Will this work with the demo version or only after I've actually purchased the VSTi?
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:17 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

I have also tried the Hoverland version (removing yours first) and am still getting the same skin as before, which oddly is not the default skin. So I have no idea where this one is coming from.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:18 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

wagtunes wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

you should copy the whole "skin" folder into that new "Poly-Ana" folder at C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality, not just the content of the skin folder.

Okay, question. Because I have tried putting the "skin" folder into both C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality and C:\Program Files(x86)\Admiral Quality/Poly-Ana

Will this work with the demo version or only after I've actually purchased the VSTi?

I had not installed Poly-Ana for a whie since i re-installed my PC and just installed today.
I first installed the plugin and my skin and the key file later. Even without the key file the skin worked in the demo mode.

I made the skin using Poly-Ana 1.3 Beta 6 so at least this one has to be installed or a later version of v1.3 (current seems to be v1.3 Beta 7).
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:31 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Ingonator wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

I had not installed Poly-Ana for a whie since i re-installed my PC and just installed today.
I first installed the plugin and my skin and the key file later. Even without the key file the skin worked in the demo mode.

I made the skin using Poly-Ana 1.3 Beta 6 so at least this one has to be installed or a later version of v1.3 (current seems to be v1.3 Beta 7).

Okay, downloaded the 1.3 beta and custom skins now work.

Yours is 1000% better than what I had. Amazing difference. The color you used for the background was the key. Dark letters on a light background make them easy to read even if not that large.

Now, last question. It seems the sale price is ONLY for Poly-Ana 2, is that correct? So if I get the current 1.3 version I'm still paying $179, correct?
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

wagtunes wrote:Now, last question. It seems the sale price is ONLY for Poly-Ana 2, is that correct? So if I get the current 1.3 version I'm still paying $179, correct?

This might be a bit confusing. At the website it is mentioned:
Purchase a Poly-Ana license (good through version 2.x) through PayPal.com:

This could mean that the license is usable until a v2.x version is released or maybe even includes an upcoming 2.x which is not 100% clear IMO.

I have a quite old license and currently in the v1.3 plugin it looks like "Poly-Ana to ver 2.x licensed to:" followed by my name and e-mail.
W23
KVRist

88 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby W23; Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:16 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Yes, you are correct. I paid the 44.50 and am good for upgrades thru the 2x version. That would be at least 10 years from now, at the current rate of development :hihi: I'm just waiting to get back home to take another stab at authorizing on OSX.
david.beholder
KVRian

1163 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:38 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

W23 wrote:That would be at least 10 years from now, at the current rate of development

You're totally correct!
Right after Half Life 3 there would be next update for 1.x and after Half Life 4 there would be version 2.

But even then GUI gonna still look ugly and unreadable.
Image Murderous duck!
mcbpete
KVRist

419 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Never even heard of the company until today, but I downloaded the demo .... fiddled with the presets and turned stuff at seemingly random making lots of wild bleeps and bloops ... then tried some of the extra banks supplied here on KVR ... and within 20 minutes was sold (especially at that price) even though I've already got all of Xils' and U-He's stuff !

(Note Ingonator's skin has helped considerably with using it - Hiding names of parameters behind dials was kinda a silly move on the original skin authors part ! - so huge thanks Ingonator, kinda reminds me of big brother of Phonec now :) )
W23
KVRist

88 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby W23; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:05 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Yes, Ingo. Your skin is THE BEST!
simmo75
KVRist

128 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:28 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Great Skin Ingo! I can see, i can see!
Many thanks
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

simmo75 wrote:Great Skin Ingo! I can see, i can see!
Many thanks

AQ should probably give him a commission for all the synths they've sold because of that skin.

I'll be picking mine up before the March 31st deadline.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:38 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Many thanks for the kind replies concerning my skin. :hug:

Back then when i started with that doing skins was totally new for me and i had to learn a lot including etc. Knobman and other stuff inclduing how to program the xml file with the knob/button positions etc. (a lot of fine tuning was necessary there and might be still necessary for some knobs). There were a bunch of attempts before the last skin i made.
So far i did not do skins for other synths and also did not do a new one for Poly-Ana since i did that one mentioned here.

FWIW my download also includes the Knobman files.

In the future i might invest some time again with this.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments