[EDIT] SURGE is possibly the best synth I've ever used.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

old topic wrote:http://www.argitoth.com/files/song.mp3 <-- really crappy (demoed version)

a chiptune I created with z3ta+. The only thing I can't seem to get it to do is control the noise's pitch. Anyway, so I was demoing this thing (still in search of an Absynth replacement) and this program surprised me on every level. If I tried to recreate the waves I used in Absynth which I created in z3ta+ you would hear a huge difference in quality.

So... yeah. I just have one question. Is it possible to control the pitch of the noise wave? The only thing that seems to control it is the octave setting. The pitch LFO nor an LFO destined to the osc pitch can control it. Importing the noise wave from "Load User Wavetable" doesn't work either since the noise sounds like a saw wave in the program.
EDIT: OMG... SURGE... HOLY CRAP IT'S FREAKEN AWESOME.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

THIS IS THE BEST SYNTH I'VE EVER USED

[/trolling]jay kay though. Zeta is great. I think I like the envelope section more than any subtractive VA, and the waveform parameters are wicked.

The Chase wrote:and the waveform parameters are wicked.
MIDI Learn is AWESOME too. The SAME midi CC can control MULTIPLE things.

Am I like the only one in the world who does NOT like the sound of Z3ta at all? :)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:Am I like the only one in the world who does NOT like the sound of Z3ta at all? :)

Cheers!
bManic
What dont you like about it?

bmanic wrote:Am I like the only one in the world who does NOT like the sound of Z3ta at all? :)

Cheers!
bManic
it can do more than one sound :hihi:

The Chase wrote:

Cheers!
bManic
What dont you like about it?
The sound. It's probably a combination of the, IMHO!!, very weak filter and the sub-par oscillators. I don't know. I simply think it sounds extremely sterile and un-musical. :shrug:

Cheers!
bManic

ATS wrote:

Cheers!
bManic
it can do more than one sound :hihi:
Yes, and on a guitar you can play more than one chord.. stil has the basic sound. :wink:

- bManic

bmanic wrote:Yes, and on a guitar you can play more than one chord.. stil has the basic sound. :wink:
Hmmm, strange. I wonder why all of my guitar player friends are obsessed with their "tone" by constantly tweaking pickups, using numerous amps, mikes, effects EQ, etc....

:roll:

John Vulich wrote:
bmanic wrote:Yes, and on a guitar you can play more than one chord.. stil has the basic sound. :wink:
Hmmm, strange. I wonder why all of my guitar player friends are obsessed with their "tone" by constantly tweaking pickups, using numerous amps, mikes, effects EQ, etc....

And all of those setups have their different basic sound. That was kinda his point. Why the roll?

Your analogy doesnt fit. He said he didnt like the filters, and unlike the pickups on a guitar, you cant change out the filters in zeta.
Last edited by The Chase on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Vulich wrote:

And I meant one single specific guitar. Trust me, my old guitar that I found in a dumpster has a specific tone of it's own, no mater what you run it trough or whatever chords you play. That basic "tone" of the cracked body is ALWAYS there. :)

Cheers!
bManic

Z3ta is the only synth I have bought, and yeah at first I was a little disappointed with its sound,, I can certainly relate to someone saying its sterile and unmusical, but I now use a lot more often and am finding some really great sounds that fit...

One of my best ways to use it is to have my 6 year old daughter sit next to me and she controls the mouse and we just mangle things until it sounds good. And thats what is almost amazing about this synth, I literally have my daughter f**k with controls and I ALWAYS end up with some great sound... At this point I have become a huge fan of this synth..
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

No, you're not.
No, that wasn't me.

Architeusis wrote:So... yeah. I just have one question. Is it possible to control the pitch of the noise wave? The only thing that seems to control it is the octave setting.
?

The last time I looked, the definition of noise was an equal mixture of all possible frequencies- by that definition, unpitched...

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Instruments”