Kontakt - 2 extremely stupid questions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
up to now I haven't used Kontakt other than as a sample player for my HCB libraries and the occasional NI library instrument.
OK, I can do some basic mapping and stuff, but that's about it so far.
Been more than busy getting to know the other Komplete instruments.
Since that's a shame I decided to start using it a bit more and - bang - ran into the first really stupid questions.
Please don't laugh at me too much ...
I'm a guitar player. :roll:

1. In Kontakt 1.53, where do I switch the onscreen keyboard on and off, please ?

2. In Kontakt 2.1, how can I configure the browser so that it doesn't show wav files, only nki and exs and the like ?
The Tools menu mentioned in the manual is not there on the interface.

To prevent the usual questions, everything legal, not one pirated byte on my PCs.
I'm just leaning more towards recording acoustic instruments, vocals and guitars and use the virtual keyboard stuff when a real keyboard player comes to record some real parts.

Thanks for any help,
susiwong

bump

At the top middle of the interface, where you see the eight buttons, the thirld on on the top, labeled "Keyboard" should get you there

2. To the left of the interface, where the browser is, you'll see 5 tabs at the top. Click on the tab labelled "Database". After that make sure that all the tabs below it are active, except for the tab "samples".

3. RTFM ;)
Place computer/gear specs here for instant penis enlargement

Foxglove,-
thanks for taking the time to answer, but ...

3. I RTFMs several times, but in some places they don't correspond to the actual UI. No luck in the update infos / addendums either. Maybe that's why they are called FMs ?

2. I know about the database, that thing is buggy as hell, so I'd like to configure the file browser the way I can in K 1.53.
Don't need no search function or fancy stuff, just a simple browser only showing the folders and programs, no samples or text files

1. There are only 5 buttons, labeled "load/save", "options", "view", "browser" and "rack". The view menu only offers 3 different UI sizes, nothing more. No "keyboard" button anywhere in sight.

Come on, somebody must know an answer ?
Please !

Cheers, susiwong

Only guitar players around tonight ? :wink:
susiwong

In Kontakt 1.53 there isn't an onscreen keyboard - that was only implemented in V2 and Kompakt.

If you want to turn showing samples on and off it seems you can only do this in the database view now. In the files browser you see the whole directory (though you can stop it seeing formats it can't import by deselecting "show foriegn formats")

Hi aMUSEd,
thanks for your answers !
Might well be there is no keyboard in 1.53 after all, maybe my memory fooled me.
Strange that it is mentioned in the manual though (page 37) right below "browser" and "rack".
Keyboard
Enable to trigger notes using bottom
of the KONTAKT panel.
About the file browser thing in 2.1, seems you're right.
Typically NI, why keep something that works when you can put in a shiny new feature that's full of bugs and nobody ever asked for ?
Just like the great output configuration "feature" or the sad lack of it.
Oh well, then it's hoping that they'll bring us a working database refresh option in 2007. :cry:

Thanks again,
susiwong

That is strange about the mention in the manual - maybe its a hidden feature I never uncovered :) (or that was planned but never made it)

Return to “Instruments”