Oatmeal skins, patches and presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oatmeal

I found myself playing with this synth again today. Can someone tell me what is involved in creating a skin for Oatmeal? Creating my own skin crossed my mind, but I don't know anything about the process.

Edit: nevermind, rtfm.

I have a question...

I've used oatmeal alot, and like it...alot..but I've always wondered about the 'random' button.

I love synths with random buttons, but it seems oatmeal
chenges the name of the patch as well as the parameters...

Does the oatmeal random feature actually change the
patch parameters and name ? or does it just randomly go to
an already existing patch ?

Yes, it randomly generates both the patch and preset name. Nifty, huh? :)

It is also a famously enchanted Random Button that is infinitely more usable than any other.

Oh, and after you press it so many times Oatmeal will ask you yes/no questions in pop-up windows.
ImageImageImageImage

awesome....off to fiddle with oatmeal some more :)

Cool.

I am relearning synthesis again and oatmeal is one of the best synths out there.
So Im using it at the moment and I am trying some instrument fun.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive :D

the "all in one pack" link at the beginning of the thread seems to be broken..
is it anywhere else?
tnx :)

Diego_C wrote:the "all in one pack" link at the beginning of the thread seems to be broken..
is it anywhere else?
tnx :)
Googled the file name and it looks like there are only broken links, i don't have it on my hdd or i would upload it for you somewhere.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

deleted
Last edited by Impulslogik on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IT LIVES!!! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Any chance of re-upping the " ALL IN ONE BUNDLE " mentioned in the first post ?
I clicked it and ended up at a site called 'soulbreakers' , which isnt what I was looking for.

Should be easy enough to just upload it to a dropbox / box / google drive folder , and just share the link here , no ?

2NDMOUSE wrote:Any chance of re-upping the " ALL IN ONE BUNDLE " mentioned in the first post ?
I clicked it and ended up at a site called 'soulbreakers' , which isnt what I was looking for.

Should be easy enough to just upload it to a dropbox / box / google drive folder , and just share the link here , no ?
Ehhhm :?: look two posts above :?:

Impulslogik wrote:
2NDMOUSE wrote:Any chance of re-upping the " ALL IN ONE BUNDLE " mentioned in the first post ?

Ehhhm :?: look two posts above :?:
Thanks. Much appreciated !
May be a good idea to substitute that new link for the old link in the first post I googled oatmeal skins and clicked the link and the first post was what I saw. The link didn't work and I didnt have time to wade through 35 pages in one evening , but thank you for re-upping it. Good to have them all in one place.

It may just be me , but ive looked at the new link , and the only things that seem to be openable are the txt files. Everything else seems to be read only , and not downloadable. Could you possibly upload one zip file with all the bits and pieces in it ? It couldnt be that big would it ?

2NDMOUSE wrote:It may just be me , but ive looked at the new link , and the only things that seem to be openable are the txt files. Everything else seems to be read only , and not downloadable. Could you possibly upload one zip file with all the bits and pieces in it ? It couldnt be that big would it ?
Click "File" on top left, click "Download" at the bottom of the menu. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Instruments”