Just figured something out...(Synth1 preset-store-trick)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody, don't know if you knew that allready but it's annoying to assign the presets to Synth1 Bank right? (At least it is for me :wink: )

So here how you can do that easily:

1. Get some Synth1 presets (well guess you got them allready, thanx to Nolwenn at this point! Great work!!)

2. Rename the folder wich should be named something like "Synth1v107_nolwenn_bank09" to
"soundbank01".
Your next preset-folder (for example "Synth1_Pencilgod_Bank07" great work here too!) to "soundbank02" and so on.

3. Than copy the renamed Soundbank-folder into your plugin-folder (where the Synth1-plugin is) and

tadaa! Synth1 puts all your presets into the right bank. (God my english sooo bad :oops: )

If you located the presets allready, nothing will happen, but if you reinstall Synth1, you'll see the effect.
I just did that and it worked!

Hope I could help one or the other, I was just happy to discover this little trick and wanted to share it with you guys :hug:

greets!
Thomas
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Nice tip actually, thanks :)

lovely

I still don't understand why people have a problem with Synth1's Bank/Patch handling. It's one of the most elegant systems around. With your method you now have ten banks with no description. It's much easier to keep all your patch folders in one place- the Synth 1 folder is good. Keep the names in place- Nolween bank, PencilGod bank, or Basses, Leads,Pads etc. Then all you have to do is a couple of mouse clicks to access any bank. Takes less than five seconds. With your method you'll spend more time re-naming banks than you'll ever save and then end up with banks having no way to tell who made them, what's inside, etc. Sorry I don't mean to be be harsh and thanks for sharing your tip but I prefer to keep folders with descriptive names.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well it took me always more than 5 secs :-(
But ur right, the "original" names are gone. Anyhow I always use the same 9 preset banks, so I'm not confused about the no-named banks
my Trap beatz:

You know you can have 10 banks not 9? 8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah right, but I don't count nr.1 (=soundbank 0) 'cause it's the regulare one. Anyway another 10 would be awesome! (I admit I'm a preset-bitch :hihi: )
my Trap beatz:

adl wrote: Anyhow I always use the same 9 preset banks, so I'm not confused about the no-named banks
adl wrote: Anyway another 10 would be awesome! (I admit I'm a preset-bitch :hihi: )
:-o :hihi:

I found that i can load/save .fxp files with Synth1, when saving as .fxp, the position (number 24 in bank 7 par exemple) and the sound is saved
loading .fxp is working and it doesn't overwrite the .sy1 file associated to the position.
it doesn't work for fxb.

Argh! Nolwenn!!!! Is that YOU!! Oh my GOD!!!! :love: You rule when it comes to sound-programming, awesome stuff you do! Man, I tweaked Synth1 so many times and nothing good happened, so I decided to MAKE music instead of programm sounds (which I just don't get). So thanx a lot, without you I couldn't make my tracks (well, at least when I use Synth1 or voyager :wink:)
Last edited by adl on Thu May 25, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my Trap beatz:

Nolwenn wrote:I found that i can load/save .fxp files with Synth1, when saving as .fxp, the position (number 24 in bank 7 par exemple) and the sound is saved
loading .fxp is working and it doesn't overwrite the .sy1 file associated to the position.
it doesn't work for fxb.
Absolutely love your patchbanks!!

:D

Nolwenn wrote:...
Hey Nolween, btw... I already told you that, but you should mail Synth1 authors to make your presets stock presets or something, they definitely are a great synth showcase !

Thank you snooky & adl.
Synth1's author must be glad to see all these patches banks avalaible for his creation. The default presets are old, i still like some of them.

Nolwenn wrote:Thank you snooky & adl.
Synth1's author must be glad to see all these patches banks avalaible for his creation. The default presets are old, i still like some of them.
Your "Dark Choir" patch is some of the most brilliant programming I have ever heard. To get such an acurate vox sound out of Synth 1 is very impressive. :hail:

Return to “Instruments”