why do software samplers still suck?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

keyman_sam wrote:But gigastudio has very few import formats. I have akai S6000 and Roland and wav CDs. :(
Giga will import WAV files. It will also import Akai S1000 ( I know, that's not the S6000 format...) You can buy sample format converters if you need them as well. I've converted several libraries into Giga in the past. Some work well, some not quite so well.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Radek wrote:
DevonB wrote:
Radek wrote:The fastest loading sampler is Gigastudio without doubt. It offers best polyphony too. I remember I could hit over 200 voices easily with Gigastudio V2 long time ago. The filtering and synth like capabilities at the other hand...
Wow, that's fasinating. Gigastudio 160 which was version 2 was the 'high end' that only did 160 voice polyphony. How did you manage 200+? It wasn't until version 3 that had unlimited poly.
Can I make a mistake?
It was some time ago and 160 isn't that far from 200. Anyway it hasn't any problems maxing out at 160. That's for directly streamed samples from disk on way less powerfull PC what we have now. The "160" limit was artifically imposed by Nemesys I suppose..
Didn't really mean to pick on you directly, sorry. It's just the name of the product gives you how many note polyphony it did. Just one of those 'huh?' moments...

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Return to “Instruments”