RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

does anybody have a SP1200 and could be so nice and sample this
small drumloop for me?
I'd like to evaluate the sound of the machine for drum sound before I
try to buy one.

Thanks!
Last edited by wazun on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

bump

seriously bro, if you're just trying to do 'vintage sampling,' grab any of them. they're all dirt cheap and they'll all sell for what you paid for them.. eg. not much :p

you should probably just spend your time messing around with bitcrusher plugins anyway..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

agreed.

I just want to hear what the sp1200 does with those drums.
I've been testing most bitcrushers, distortion effects etc I could get my hands, but I really don't like most of them.

xoxos wrote:seriously bro, if you're just trying to do 'vintage sampling,' grab any of them. they're all dirt cheap and they'll all sell for what you paid for them.. eg. not much :p
I don't think an emulator 1,2 and a sp1200 go for dirt cheap ;)

Then get the Emax sampler :-)
The Emulator II and the SP1200 use the same engine. They sound really great but they are both hard to find. The Emax on the other hand are often for sale - cheap, and are VERY close in sound in my opinion.

Baas wrote:Then get the Emax sampler :-)
The Emulator II and the SP1200 use the same engine. They sound really great but they are both hard to find. The Emax on the other hand are often for sale - cheap, and are VERY close in sound in my opinion.
I read that both are very similar sounding but they have not the exact same engine.
I already have samples from the emax 1, but I want to compare it to the sp1200.

wazun, where are you located?

while not "dirt cheap" the sp-1200 is going for about 1100-1300 US dollars now which is about half of what they went for 3-5 years ago...

stale bread wrote:wazun, where are you located?
Mannheim, Germany.

if you need to track one down let me know

stale bread wrote:if you need to track one down let me know
Do you mean an emulator 1 or 2 ?

sp1200

Return to “Instruments”