Software equivalents of Hardware Instruments (upd soon)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very nice!! :tu:
"Is it me or does the Roctave stuff seem like a rip off of the Babya stuff?" - Liquidclear

Also Syncer has some emulation of some soviet hardware synthesizers.....
http://vst.smtp.ru/

http://membres.lycos.fr/SoundsManiacs/

a emulation of stylophone :)

Hold on, hold on, hold on. Not so fast. XD
I consider all your recommendations, but first I have something to say:

Artvera:
Nice addon with the PG23P and the Juno 6. If I can still remember, there was another "rebuilt" based upon the Juno which was also made in SynthEdit and even presented in Computer Music UK (might look for it in one of those many "trance" threads on KVR). The PHOSCYON (303 clone) is another nice "add", then again I guess that'll be the last addon for the list. There're so many 303 clones out there, each claiming to be the best, however Bass Line and ReBirth RB-388 are the best clones. Not only according to the fans or music mags, but also mentioned a couple of times from Roland themselves. Thanks anyway.

Also... I don't consider the "soviet synths" just yet, cause on their page it's written "based on" rather than "rebuilt", which sounds to me like "inspired by".

novaflash:
Can you give me more info about the EMS AKS? On the page are no pics or further infos about the hardware. Else I'll really consider it. The Stylephone sounds like fun. Nice find indeed.

And how could I forget the NI B4?
Haha, yeah gimme a bit for the upgrade, please.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

There is also an emulation of Roland SH-1001 made by Sonic Timeworks.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/813.html

Compyfox wrote: novaflash:
Can you give me more info about the EMS AKS? On the page are no pics or further infos about the hardware. Else I'll really consider it. The Stylephone sounds like fun. Nice find indeed.
http://www.jarrography.free.fr/details_ ... id_equip=4

many other links via google, put nice picture here

Actually the Sonic Timeworks SH-1001 looks like the Roland SH-101. Where did you find that link to the infos of that VSTi? On their Page it's only listed in the shop but only the name of it, unless I browse the news perhaps.

The list is getting more and more interesting indeed.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:There're so many 303 clones out there, each claiming to be the best, however Bass Line and ReBirth RB-388 are the best clones. Not only according to the fans or music mags, but also mentioned a couple of times from Roland themselves.
Is this verifiable? I've never seen any such thing myself. I know way back when RB-338 1.0 was released it got Roland's official endorsement (in a manner of speaking - really it was more like permission to emulate the appearance of the 303, conditional upon a little positive blurb in the manual), but at the time there weren't a lot of software 303 emulations - there weren't too many softsynths at all. The only association I'm aware of between Audiorealism and Roland is that Roland made the developer remove a skin from ABL that looked a little too 303-like.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong or anything, I'm always open to new information on the subject. :)

*edit* Incidentally, I think phoscyon is way more accurate than rebirth, at least when I compared it to a 303 it was. I don't own phosyon or anything, but it did impress me quite a bit and if I didn't already have an x0xb0x I'd be eyeing it pretty closely.

nice post, for DX7 should add sytrus, and for ARP2600 and Minimoog, the voltkitchen synths are nice (though i'm sure not as crazy as the commercial stuff). also for virus could add Synth1? also for DX11, imageline made a skinned version of the mda DX10. and for the JX, mda made jx16, dunno if it relates.

great post! is there a korg triton equivalent?

uvacom:
As far as I know (and read on KEYS germany), the Bass Line from AudioRealism can load patches from the "real thing". I can't give definite proof from Roland however. Sometimes they sue people for "using" a GUI that looks similar to their old hardware (discontinued hardware, btw - even if ton of other synths use similar setups), sometimes they give a damn.

But according to most of the magazines I read (Keyboards/KEys Germany, Sound on Sound UK, Computer Music UK, Future Music UK), ReBirth and ABL are really the best clones. However you're right, as soon as Phosyon came out, all people were like "do we really another 303 clone? We say yes", which means in short, that this thing is also one of the best "sounding" rebuilts. It's as with the Moog Rebuilts. Everything looks good, sounds similar (in a mix anyway), but everybody has their own preferences.

grymmjack:
The Sytrus is more than just a DX10. ImageLine also made a "skin" for the mda DX10, however on Plugin Spot was mentioned, that they resemble the DX11 more (see "Stuff to be considered possible rebuilts"). I don't have further info about the JX "plugins" roaming around on the internet. JX10 from MDA, some JX synths from Steinberg (Cubase VST series) and even the JXsynth/JX220 from JXPlugins. If somebody has futher info on that, I'd really appreciate it.

And I don't think that there's a Korg Triton equivalent. It's still fairly new. Maybe some "core" engines are included in the Legacy Collection.

I'm still working on the list update. You folks recently gave me more to research, so I can't catch up that quickly. ;)

compy; the sytrus is DX7 though isn't it? it can load DX7 sysex..

Can it? Lemme do some researches on it, and I'll insert it.

EDIT:
Massive update to the list. Thanks for contributing.

EDIT2:
Added the Hartman Neuron and the Hohner Clavinet

Compyfox wrote:uvacom:
As far as I know (and read on KEYS germany), the Bass Line from AudioRealism can load patches from the "real thing".
Perhaps they replicated the factory patterns manually? The TB-303 doesn't have patches per se (no settings from the synthesizer can be saved), it's got sequence patterns, but there's no way (that I know of) to transmit them digitally or save them externally. The DIN-sync only transmits and receives clock pulses.

Return to “Instruments”