What Demos Have the FEWEST Restrictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded BFD's new demo which is really generous - two high-quality 16 bit kits and no dropouts or noise or anything. Really, you could use it as a finished product though there are limitiations in bit depth and layering and such.

It got me thinking that I should ask what other demos out there in instruments or effects don't have dropouts, and the like?

What are your favorites?

Hi, how can I get quality stuff from developers without supporting them? :roll:

:P
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

The limitations are relaxed so that you can evaluate BFD in peace, without having to deal with bleeps and stuff every 5 secs.

The demo is not licensed to use in finished musical works - you need to buy BFD to do that.
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]

mm_FX wrote:The demo is not licensed to use in finished musical works - you need to buy BFD to do that.
...and this is going to be true of most demo versions of software. Do actually bother to read the license agreement when you install a demo, so you know what you can and can't do with it.

And it wouldn't hurt to send a thank-you note to any company that does let you do commercial work with their free demo. At least that way they'll know their work is appreciated, and might continue to make it available for free.

SFZ it's FREE

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/769.html

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

TotcProductions wrote:Hi, how can I get quality stuff from developers without supporting them? :roll:

:hihi:

I think you might be right there totc ;)

Best regards,

Spe3d

energyXT http://www.xt-hq.com

comes also as VSTi version (besides VST fx and standalone) - the only restriction is that you cannot reload anything you've done until you buy the license.

Spe3D wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Hi, how can I get quality stuff from developers without supporting them? :roll:

:hihi:

I think you might be right there totc ;)

Best regards,

Spe3d

Certainly seems that way these days when it comes to these types of things. :roll: IMO, seems to be a lack of support for proven developers, big and small, creeping up on this industry from all sides. I fear the flood my good man, I fear the flood.

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

My two fave VSTis at the moment are actually demos or preview versions. The only limit is 10 minute time limit, after which all you have to do is reload your song for another 10minutes. Also with another one, there is a voice announcing the 10minute limit. Ive actually got used to it so therefore I have less motivation to buy the full licenses. I think developers would get more sales if the demo restrictions were more severe.
Hackintosh, Ableton, Various plugins inc Repro, Zebra, Tal bassline 101, Xpand, Serum. Mackie onyx audio interface, Presonus Eris e5, Samson Sr850/Yamaha RH5ma headphones, Novation nocturn, Korg nano control 2, Maudio keystation 49, AKAI APC25.

Slightly off the center of your target -- Nero Ultra, which includes a nice wave editor, a multitrack recorder, a drum machine, and the ability to load vst effects, is a free download of a 30-day demo with no restrictions at all during that time.

It doesn't do VSTi's or MIDI, however.

But, like everybody else here, my take on it is that you should either stick with freeware, which is extremely prolific and competent these days, or drop a few coins in the kitty, if you're using a dev's programs a lot. It's sheer self-interest in the long run. If you starve the devs, they quit being able to make shiny new toys for you.

I can't get too self-righteous, because I've abused the good natures of our devs on more than one occasion. But I'm trying to get right gradually....

The reason companies give demos with relaxed restrictions is because they think it will benefit them in the long run. I happen to think this is good business myself.

Sorry, no altruism, here, as you are suggesting. And you'll pardon me if I decline any gulty feelings for my perfectly legitimate question.

Now, time to go dry that blanket of yours. It's soaking wet.

The DK+ drum sampler demo is quite usable. I really like the built in sequencer. It's also priced very well for what it does, so much so that you may well end up buying it. No saves, but otherwise the demo is fully functional. I like to come up with beats and render them to wav for slicing/dicing wackiness later on. Tracktion is just too wonderful for this.
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

gotta love the people who got pissed at this question.

naff off !!!!

its a valid and interesting question.

Or perhaps people should just go to warez?

If it werent for FLstudio's nice lack of restriction, i wouldnt have used it for 2 years (when i had no money) before owning it.
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

I have that demo, and I agree with you, it is very usable. I may end up purchasing it, as well, because it has much lower CPU drainage than BFD.

Thanks, Luigi.
skipkent wrote:The DK+ drum sampler demo is quite usable. I really like the built in sequencer. It's also priced very well for what it does, so much so that you may well end up buying it. No saves, but otherwise the demo is fully functional. I like to come up with beats and render them to wav for slicing/dicing wackiness later on. Tracktion is just too wonderful for this.

If I truly didn't care about supporting the developers (dear little hearts that they are) then I wouldn't be here. I would be downloading my merry heart away on Limewire.

Actually, I am about to drop a considerable amount on a basket of software -- which is why I have been hanging around here the past few weeks.

My final decisions are DEFINITELY influenced by how I was treated beforehand....

Although I might also say that it makes me a little uncomfortable to make a post here knowing that all the C-Level executives from the company in question will be watching my every word... :roll:

Such is KVR, I guess...Apples do not fall far from the tree.
Jason Brian Merrill wrote:gotta love the people who got pissed at this question.

naff off !!!!

its a valid and interesting question.

Or perhaps people should just go to warez?

If it werent for FLstudio's nice lack of restriction, i wouldnt have used it for 2 years (when i had no money) before owning it.

Return to “Instruments”