Which free synth would you say has the best routing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am bored, and I want to make as complex sounds as I can, for free of course. I just want to see if there is a free synth out there that has a lot of routing capaibility and a good overall sound, for free. Beside Polyiblit (which i've always felt knocked the socks off of plenty of payware synths indeed. Any suggestions?
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Crystal? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by routing, but Crystal can get some incredibly complex sounds. :D
Mizutaphile.

well, you can just make very complex patches if you want in KarmaFX

i would say karmaFX too.
or you could try Arppe2600va - it's a free "clone" of the arp 2600 patchable modular synth.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Yes , Crystal & Karma FX and besides Evol, Intro ,Seeq one, & specially Foorius

http://xhip.cjb.net/xhip/audio/jiveturkey.mp3

it really depends upon what type of 'complex' you mean. if you mean 14 lfos, well, try something made in synthedit.

if you mean complex timbres, layers, try a combination of a good synth with external modulation. you're using modular software here, do you not realize the possible things you can do?

Well, karmaFX seems like a way to go. I messed with it some back when it was first released but never got into it before I bought a new DAW and erased it. The ARP close just didn't seem to do the job for me. I do have crystal on my DAW, forgot all about it though. Maybe i'll re-dl karmafx and give them both a go.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

aciddose wrote:http://xhip.cjb.net/xhip/audio/jiveturkey.mp3

it really depends upon what type of 'complex' you mean. if you mean 14 lfos, well, try something made in synthedit.

if you mean complex timbres, layers, try a combination of a good synth with external modulation. you're using modular software here, do you not realize the possible things you can do?
Oh, I surely know the possibilites, the wonderful things I can do with a clavinet when a phaser and bit-reducer on it, I love the particular talkbox sound you can get from a phaser when you maximize the depth and feedback enough. . :-D

totally not what i was talking about.

i mean you can apply modulation to any parameter, from any source. you have a total modular capability here. some people go out and buy huge modular analog systems to patch up simple poly-synth sounds. you can actually connect anything to anything, you know?

try using an average synth, use multiple instances and apply modulations. try something like energyxt. there are also lots of midi vst plugins which will do cc/vstparam routing for you. lfos, envelopes, audio->cc convertors, tons more.

here is a simple pad i did with 4 instances of xhip, sampled and played the sample back in a solo instance of xhip to apply the envelope.

http://xhip.cjb.net/temp/simplepad.mp3

i mean, you can do so much with basic instruments, just put in some effort. this took me 2 minutes to patch up and sample, and another minute to play.

it doesnt sound so great because i appled the eq before sampling, so the eq gets transposed. but think about how long it would take you to layer up a fat pad sound like that 20 years ago? this is like a synthesizer wet-dream created in 2 minutes.

typically the one-key-magic guys cant handle more than one key. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”