Usb guitar ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi gals and guys
Thus anyone know what you can do with this guitar that I cant already do with my mixer and guitar. I have of course a seq. and all that? :?

what usb guitar?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Jam mate or the Behringer one.

or the brian moore.

You know the difference between a piano and a violin?

The piano burns longer.

So what's the difference between a real guitar and a Behringer USB guitar?

The Behringer isn't for real...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:You know the difference between a piano and a violin?

The piano burns longer.
Ah, but don't you just love the scent a burning Stradivarius gives off? :hihi:

Gregjazz wrote:
BertKoor wrote:You know the difference between a piano and a violin?

The piano burns longer.
Ah, but don't you just love the scent a burning Stradivarius gives off? :hihi:
yeah but the owners screaming and crying gives me a headache, be a man for crying out loud :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Is the Behringer USB guitar already out on the market ?

Max... .. . :?:
Carpo diem ergo sum !

The Behringer USB guitar isn't a guitar synth at all. It's just the guitar equivalent of a USB microphone. In other words, it's got a USB plug in the guitar, and the equivalent of a small poor-quality soundcard either in the guitar or on the actual cable. (you can get "USB Audio cables", too) Nothing special about it, in fact it's worse because you're locked to its "sound card" rather than being able to plug in through proper pre-amps etc.

Doesn't say what the bundled software is, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts that it's freeware or demo-ware.

For $159 CDN, you're not going to get a very playable instrument, either. That should be your #1 priority is getting something with a reasonable neck and which isn't made of plywood.

So, to answer the original question: there's nothing it can do that you can't already do with your guitar + soundcard. In fact, it is LESS featured than your guitar + soundcard.

Greg

http://www.soundtech.com/lightsnake/index.asp

This might be interesting. Guitar not included, though. On the other hand you could buy a decent, respectable guitar and that cable I just posted and not end up with a Behringer usb guitar!
-Veg
(:

Ok as I thougth. Thanks for information.

Vegetarian wrote:http://www.soundtech.com/lightsnake/index.asp

This might be interesting. Guitar not included, though. On the other hand you could buy a decent, respectable guitar and that cable I just posted and not end up with a Behringer usb guitar!
it does look interesting (but I have usb through my pod xt live)...however with everything leaning towards asio I wonder why it was omitted....it seems a little bit like it's obsolete from the start...but surely worth following :)

Lunch Money wrote:The Behringer USB guitar isn't a guitar synth at all. It's just the guitar equivalent of a USB microphone. In other words, it's got a USB plug in the guitar, and the equivalent of a small poor-quality soundcard either in the guitar or on the actual cable. (you can get "USB Audio cables", too) Nothing special about it, in fact it's worse because you're locked to its "sound card" rather than being able to plug in through proper pre-amps etc.

Doesn't say what the bundled software is, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts that it's freeware or demo-ware.

For $159 CDN, you're not going to get a very playable instrument, either. That should be your #1 priority is getting something with a reasonable neck and which isn't made of plywood.

So, to answer the original question: there's nothing it can do that you can't already do with your guitar + soundcard. In fact, it is LESS featured than your guitar + soundcard.

Greg
$99 free shipping from AMS! I apologize for being a provocateur! I think the soundcard point is right on the money, however it's probably as good as my AC-97, 44.1 16 bit is all I ever record with anyway, ASIO4All is all I ever use, and $99 buys a good dinner for 2. I think the signal path would be pretty good through a USB 2 port. I love what Simone is doing at IO-Sound.org. It's all very logical. But I'm not sure. I think my workflow is just fine without surface mount or onboard controller surfaces, but love what he's doing.

EDIT

I was curious so I checked at the Behringer site, the support software is an ASIO driver, Kristal multitracker, Audacity, and Native Instruments Combos set.
Last edited by Newbie Brad on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”