Extra KORG WS 1.5 patches??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone list the extra 250 patches you get with ths? I can't seem to find a detailed description of the actual contents of the rom cards anywhere!

You're probably talking about the Wavestation card library that are included on the 1.5 WS. I have originals of the piano and the rare synth/timeslice ones.

Each cardset came as two cards, one with extra PCM data, and one with a bank of programs.

The Piano card had some piano waveforms (typically M1-ish piano, though different from the M1 one).

The Drum card had a load of drum samples, many of which were similar to the drums included in the WS EX (which had expanded waveforms).

The Synth & Timeslice card contains more synth waveforms, some of these are really nice, and this cardset was probably the best of the extra sounds.

There were also versions of these that came in O1/w format that had slightly varied content.

In any case, they are worth having, especially the synth/TS set, and are a great extra on the updated soft WS, so it's worth going for if you can?

Is that enough info? Or are you looking for perf/patch/ws/waveform listings? I can probably dig that stuff out if you need it...

Thanks.

I am looking for a patch called "simple organ" which i cant seem to recreate with B4 or any of the organ sims...

It's in an old track i want to remix (but still use that sound).

I had a wavestation KB in the day and loads of extra sound cards...which one it was on I have no idea.......

I am curious to see if that patch is in the 1.5 update, that's all.

If it was on a Korg card, it will be in there. If it was a third party card, it won't, but it won't require PCM samples so you will be able to sysex it into any of the soft WS versions.

Let me see if I can find it... bear with me...

Edit: couldn't see it in the Korg library, which means it's prolly not in the Legacy Digital version.

I'll have a trawl through my library (wow, just realised how long it's been since I opened Sounddiver!)
Last edited by beej on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheers..i dont know how i can sysex it though, gotta find the actual sound, right?

ttoz wrote:cheers..i dont know how i can sysex it though, gotta find the actual sound, right?
If it exists, I prolly have it ;)

(If I can find it, need to trawl through my Atari backups - yikes!)

(unless of course it wasn't a public or commercial patch, in which case - well, I'm not omnipotent ;)

Well .. It's on the WPC-13 Performances card.

It's not a patch but a performance.

Try and search for simple organ on this site:
http://webhome.idirect.com/~nebula/wsrc/bencards.html

KennethA

Yeah I know what perfs are, I was keeping it simple :)

Incidentally, the info at that link - I wrote that :)

Ttoz - PM me, I can sort you out...

Baas wrote:Well .. It's on the WPC-13 Performances card.

It's not a patch but a performance.

Try and search for simple organ on this site:
http://webhome.idirect.com/~nebula/wsrc/bencards.html

KennethA
Ok, so that means it is NOT included in Korg legacy 1.6, right?

I'm really not sure.
I'll have to look into it later today in my studio.

I'll let you know later on.

KennethA

It's not there. I don't have it in my 1.6 Wavestation.

KennethA

Yeah, the Legacy 1.5+ contains the SR presets, and the banks from the Korg PCM card sets.

What it does not contain is the Korg released banks, that were often made for them by third parties, I guess maybe for licensing reasons. So all the "WPC" card banks are not included.

Return to “Instruments”