the BEST free moog softsynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Opinions?

try this one ...

Their download links are dead : /

no, try this..

MiniMogueVA is great - it's one of my favorite softsynths, free or otherwise!

graysonmillar wrote:Their download links are dead : /
yeah ... sorry 'bout that. Apparently they're having hassle from Arturia over the right to use the Moog name.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=90

That one was okay,

but this one was better:

cute couple
guitarzan wrote:MiniMogueVA is great - it's one of my favorite softsynths, free or otherwise!
minimogue luxus
http://home.no/gunnare/
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

thecontrolcentre wrote:
graysonmillar wrote:Their download links are dead : /
yeah ... sorry 'bout that. Apparently they're having hassle from Arturia over the right to use the Moog name.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=90

I thought we told him about that( not to use Moog in the name) right when he released it..sad. :-(

Tim

what the difference between minimogueVA and the luxus? Is luxus stereo?

Arturia sucks !!!! arturia spoiled a name and a legend they are not worthy of ,if you intend to buy a payware moog-like-sounding synth buy Minimonsta !!!!!
Gforce has a better ethic policy :!: :!: :!:
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

I'd like to understand the psychology at work here.

When instruments were expensive and relatively hard to audition there was a need for people to ask advice from the more experienced. Here we have a poster asking advice about free instruments. Why? Are you so unsure of your own taste that you need it reinforced by others? Are you too lazy to download and audition the things yourself? Are you a bored attention seeker?

Don't take this as a pop, it isn't meant to be. I'd genuinely like know why anybody would give a toss about a third party opinion on something as subjective as this.
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

Arturia sucks !!!! arturia spoiled a name and a legend they are not worthy of ,if you intend to buy a payware moog-like-sounding synth buy Minimonsta !!!!!
Gforce has a better ethic policy
Hmmmm...Arturia haven't done anything wrong in my eyes. If they bought the rights to the Moog name, then it's up to them if they pursue anyone else using the Moog name. Don't forget that Robert Moog sold his rights to his name as a logo on synths a long long time ago. And then if he sold the rights again before his death...it was his choice and he must have been happy about it to do it. He implicitly allowed Arturia to do what they want with his name. So your high horse is mistaken IMO.

I do agree about GMedia being a good company, but that's irrelevant to the matter in hand anyway.

If Arturia have spent good money on the Moog name...why the hell should they allow others to use the name for free. It's common practice that you are not allowed to infringe copyright re naming to aid sales of your product. Even if there is a free VSTi...the same applies. And anyway...if Bob Moog deemed it OK to sell his name to Arturia...how on earth do you know that he would have been happy for his name to be associated with a free synth (that for all I know, sounds nothing on earth like a Moog - because for sure all of the Synthedit "Moogs" sound nothing like them). Maybe Bob Moog would have been most upset for some synth he maybe wouldn't even like to use his name. I don't know, you don't know and now we never will. Bob Moog may be an inspirational name to you, but apllying some kind of sainthood to his name is sheer nonsense.

Moog sold his own name to Arturia. End of story.

the BEST free moog softsynth:

http://www.smartelectronix.com/refer.ph ... Taurus.dll

Not that moog you're looking for.. but still a Moog with 2 Oscillators and a Filter... :)

nuffink wrote:I'd like to understand the psychology at work here.
Maybe it's just that before downloading and testing a free plugin one has to know first, that it does exist :wink:
Means he would have to download and test all 500 free plugins listed at KVR first to find the Moog-style softsynth's....

For me, the most interesting thing in this thread is to hear about the thing with Arturia and Freemoog. :x
We all should start making synths with synthedit with the name "Moog" in it now and spread them over the internet. They place their thumb on a name they don't deserve.

Return to “Instruments”