How do I get an Eric Prydz type of warm bass sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would love to know how to get these specific types of bass/lead sounds that I keep hearing more and more of in "pro" productions, especially Eric Prydz, Axwell and Angello and Ingrosso. Heres a few examples of the type of sounds I am talking about http://download.yousendit.com/D7457444579D76DE, There is a wide range on this montage, but essentially most of them seem to have that same warm sound at the core. Any pointers on waveforms/VST's, will be greatly appreciated.

:wink:

Edit: Revised to add a couple more examples.

I can't download your music clip so i don't exacly know the sound you are after.
You can try adding some soft distortion from amp and speaker simulator plugin on a sampled bass guitar or a moog or arp vsti bass synth sound. hope this helps good luck :)

hey there!
don't get me wrong, but i don't find something special about the bass sounds in that file. there all subtractive synthesis based i think. just saws and triangles and...
what makes them sound warm is the way they are processed with fx (eq,comp,maybe modulation). and the way the songs are mixed and processed with fx.
nevertheless, if you want to accomplish nice fat bass, get hold of asynth by smartelectronix. the best sounding free "analog" vsti imo. downside is its relatively high cpu-consumption and it's mono. so you should layer two asynths with identical ( or similar) settings, position them symmetrically in the panorama. afterwards apply some eq, comp and perhaps some chorus and you should be there (sometime at least).
if you want to spend some money, get albino, imposcar, minimonsta or...
hope this helps!

greets
abi

basically what you do is you heat the oven to 225 degrees, put your bass in there (although I'm more of a salmon lover) untill it's cooked well and smells great. serve alongside potatoes, and there you have it:

warm bass. :wink:

But I don't know of Eric Prytz's preferences. could be he's more of a herring man. :shrug:

Can't believe you didn't take the opportunity to plug your plug Kingston ;)

but it's not really designed for this!

the right tool for the job:

can't lie to a man's face now can I, even if I just wanted to sell sell sell.

another tip (besides the owen or bbq tips) is to separate the bass into two files, one below 150-250 and one above that freq, then compress them separately until they heat up...

bass separated to two fillets:

excellent tip!

next up,

kingston's creamy bass snared from the black sea. guaranteed to give you a warm kick as well.

Kingston wrote:bass separated to two fillets...
and also try to stick a sidechained multiband compressor in the heat...

Asynth isn't mono. You can switch between mono and poly . :)
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

not listened yet but i would guess:

(1)nice bass patch from a vst --> zeta, asynth, .... the list is endless
(2)possibly filter down with a sweet lowpass
(3)subtle dist. possibly before (2)
(4)treat with saturation plugs or bass exciters (??) like waves maxxbass, rbass, elogoxa bass..
(5)perhaps subtle use of verb or chorus on the higher freqs starting from say 300 hz. mono below that..

maybe this helps a little? the warmth can be a result of the pattern played in a way as well

adl wrote:Asynth isn't mono. You can switch between mono and poly . :)
when i said that asynth was mono i didn't refer to polyphony but to its audio output, which is mono and not stereo. i mean how could the advice of layering two asynth plugins make you think i didn't knew it was polyphonic :wink:?
well, whatever!

Return to “Instruments”