rare gems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there's all this best of, or top five synth forums, which i don't mind at all, but how about a bottom of the list underground synth gems that tend to be overlooked....
here's my five:

-quantum 64. hardly use it, but when i need a little monster, this always impresses me.
-impulse. beautiful sub bass preset.
-tapeworm. warm flute to the max.
-cellofan. with a little tweaking, pretty nice cello
-trionimox. ugly red, lovely sharp leads. a bit buggy.

pura vida.
paz por esos mundos

Don't laugh... one-ping-only. Seriously, I find it helpful to go to when I can't seem to get that creative spark going.

I :love: Quantum 64 myself.

- People rarely mention Morpheus and it's very powerful for atmospheres, FX, and Pads.
- ymVST is awesome for chippy sounds and the GUI is super fun
- Regula is a nice unorthodox psuedo-V/A synth that doesnt get it's praise's worth
- Cable Guy's Curve - very good-sounding wave-shaping/additive synth that uses little CPU
Last edited by The Chase on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobybear VST-chess :-)

http://www.tobybear.de/p_sourcebag.html

also see my old thread:
the weird VST/fx collection

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1354077

contralogic leto - jen sx1000 inspired VA that makes some sweet synthbass and lead stuff. I don't load it very often but when i do it always stays.

EFM synthia - EMS Synthi clonish thing; really quite good, and not eight million dollars like that one from german EMS.

EFM MiniSE - nifty minimoog clone, nice filter that will even self oscillate if you ask it nicely.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

+1 impulse, still sounds great to me. The lead in the middle part of garbage collector was done with impulse :-)
+1 leto, it's great for leads
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Vectrik,its one of the best pad synths Ive heard. Was released just before Cofx joined Rob Papen, so seems to have got mostly overlooked.

Return to “Instruments”