synth 1 problem

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I was testing out synth 1 recently and noticed a problem when modulating the osc pitch using lfo1. When the lfo amplitude is very low, lowest few settings, and the lfo is set to sine, steps int he modulation can blatantly be heard.

Anyone else noticed this?

BTW, i was testing against discodsp discovery, and in bass patches, bottom-end wise, there is very little difference. This is not to say that on other patches the sound is comparable, dur to discovery's oversampling and stuff.

pete

I just tried this and yes with the Lfo set at a very slow speed steps can be heard. However it doesn't seem like much of a problem since I can't remember anyone else mentioning it in the several years Synth 1 has been out and there are lots of brilliant patches for it already. Seems like a pretty minor issue and Synth 1 is free............. :D

I have both Discovery and Synth1 and to me they are totaly different instruments, both brilliant in their own ways. Try layering Discovery and Synth1 together. Synth 1's raw attitude combined with Discovery's smooth polished sound makes for a match made in Heaven. :love:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”