Announcing Poly-Ana Beta 0.11 Special offer save $60

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Improv wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote: Hahahah, you guys. Read the docs!
People actually read the docs!?! :o :shock: :nutter:
I think in some future product I'm going to put a 25% off coupon at the end of the docs. See how many people actually find it! :lol:

Warmonger wrote:You don't even have Wordpad?

no, i choose not to install/uninstall pretty everything that comes with Windows XP;-)
installed OpenOffice, reading the manual right now !

oh, and BTW. Cobalt skin is just amazing !!!
Last edited by autodafe on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdmiralQuality wrote:
Improv wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote: Hahahah, you guys. Read the docs!
People actually read the docs!?! :o :shock: :nutter:
I think in some future product I'm going to put a 25% off coupon at the end of the docs. See how many people actually find it! :lol:
All kidding aside, it might help to put the skins at the top of the page with the other download links. I didn't see the skins near the Poly Anna download, so I figured that it wasn't ready yet.

Improv wrote:All kidding aside, it might help to put the skins at the top of the page with the other download links. I didn't see the skins near the Poly Anna download, so I figured that it wasn't ready yet.
As I stated above, I'm still working on those pages. Just threw something up fast for you bit-chompers! ;)

Standby everyone. There's a bug. The dropdown lists are sometimes showing the wrong value, off by one.

Don't worry, easy fix, will have 0.21 out within the hour.

Doh!

AdmiralQuality wrote: Don't worry, easy fix, will have 0.21 out within the hour.
can you add midi guitar support to this next release ??? :D :) :wink:

AdmiralQuality wrote:Standby everyone. There's a bug. The dropdown lists are sometimes showing the wrong value, off by one.

Doh!
Damn you're fast! I've worked at companies where devs didn't respond this fast when they were in the same building! :shock:

Improv wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:Standby everyone. There's a bug. The dropdown lists are sometimes showing the wrong value, off by one.

Doh!
Damn you're fast! I've worked at companies where devs didn't respond this fast when they were in the same building! :shock:
Heh, I was a bit TOO fast today. I should have caught this bug before releasing. Anyway... fixing it now... will have 0.21 up very shortly.

Terribly sorry about that. Version 0.21 is now up. The dropdowns now work as they should.

Poly-Ana version 0.20 is going down in AQ history as the briefest release ever. ;)

I'm not sure if you'd consider this a bug, but when you have a monophonic patch and you hold onto a note, any notes you play afterwards have the same velocity. Also I succeeded in setting the tuning of an oscillator to +2.1 billion semitones twice! I'm having trouble repeating it...

[edit] Actually, if I set it to +24, then click the knob and drag downward so that the pointer is far from the knob when it nears the 0 mark, if I slowly nudge it between 0 and -1, it hits 2.1 billion.

Prajch wrote:I'm not sure if you'd consider this a bug, but when you have a monophonic patch and you hold onto a note, any notes you play afterwards have the same velocity.
I don't see this happening. I'm playing the "Big Lead" patch, holding a note then playing one an octave above. When I hit it hard, it's louder, when I hit it soft, it's quieter.

Also I succeeded in setting the tuning of an oscillator to +2.1 billion semitones twice! I'm having trouble repeating it...
:lol: That's a lot of semitones!

There have been reports, and I've seen it myself, that it can get a bit messed up when playing notes and switching between patches. Once it's "gone crazy", anything might be possible. Bypassing then reactivating should probably fix this. If not, reloading the instrument will certainly do it.

If you can come up with a consistent way to cause this problem, let me know.

Thanks!

My bad, I didn't have legato set properly.

I edited my post with the way to repeat it; set the semitone knob to +24, then click near the bottom of the knob and drag down with shift held. As you pass between 0 and -1, you should get the insane bug. At least you can claim you've built the only synth that can play 175 million octaves up... :lol:

[edit#2] Damn it, that doesn't really work all the time. I think it has to do with the speed you turn the knob at... if I start it at +24, and turn it really slowly when I'm below +3, it happens almost all the time. Also try wiggling slowly past the [-1,0] interval a couple times if it doesn't work.

Prajch wrote:My bad, I didn't have legato set properly.

I edited my post with the way to repeat it; set the semitone knob to +24, then click near the bottom of the knob and drag down with shift held. As you pass between 0 and -1, you should get the insane bug. At least you can claim you've built the only synth that can play 175 million octaves up... :lol:
Known issue, I already mentioned it here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 55#2153455

It's a feature in progress that was left a bit buggy. Relative knob movement. You should also get some funny shifts of the knob graphic when this happens.

Why are you pressing shift before clicking a knob? In circular mode that doesn't do anything (yet, eventually it will be used for the relative mode). Are you in linear mode? Hmmm, shouldn't happen in linear, I'll doublecheck it. If it is, you can avoid this by pressing shift after you click on the knob, not before.

Oh and with Trigger Legato set either way, you should still get the new velocity. You just won't get a new attack segment triggered on the envelopes when you play legato with this button on.

Gotcha about the legato.

And yeah, it defaults to linear in FL Studio. Problem is the madness even happens without pressing shift!

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I found another strange knob bug... if you click on the voice number knob and rotate it counterclockwise, it goes to -7 voices and says "VOICE UNASSIGNED!" at the top. Double-clicking the knob fixes the problem, setting it to -1 and then to 6.

Return to “Instruments”