This dumb Reaktor update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI

My DAW is not on the Internet - does this cause any problems?

Thanks.

Flipper.

Vonbrucken wrote:except for guitar rig 2 wich is truly awesome , with the knights who say ni say ni to NI
:lol: :lol:
only you!! har har

Am I the only one that hates the new authorizer? It keeps forgetting what I've got authorized. When I had Komplete 3 everything just worked.

Not a good thing when I'm planning on deauthorizing and upgrading my computers next week, wonder if I'll be spending tons of time on the phone with NI again.

:smack:
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

ew wrote:Did you check the box at the top of the updates window saying to not show files you've already downloaded?
Yeah. I even tried downloading it a second time, this time through Service Centre, but it's still there.

I shall henceforward ignore it entirely.

original flipper wrote:HI

My DAW is not on the Internet - does this cause any problems?

Thanks.

Flipper.
In that case it's like the old registration tool. You'll choose the offline method, that'll give you a transferable .html file. You open that on your machine with net access, download the .nav file and transfer that to your DAW.

ew
A spectral heretic...

... and even though it says Kontakt is not authorized, it works fine. B4-II refuses to work, saying that it's not authorized. (For now, not a big deal, that's the one synth I probably won't use.) Everything else seems to work ok.

Dominus wrote:Am I the only one that hates the new authorizer? It keeps forgetting what I've got authorized. When I had Komplete 3 everything just worked.
In principle I find it convenient to have the facility authorise everything at once and keep track of my updates etc all in one place. However in practice at the moment the Service Centre is not working properly. I installed updates for Reaktor and Kontakt end of last week and still haven't been able to activate Reaktor, and Kontakt I only managed using a few registry hacks to put in the registry the information the Service Centre should be putting in but isn't. I was only able to do that because I reinstalled my standalone version of Kontakt and managed to reauthorise that on NI's site and then added the info from the registrations page to the appropriate registry keys manually - but I can't do that with Reaktor as it's part of Komplete and they don't post the full authorisation data for Komplete products individually on the NI registrations page, only the data for Komplete (I've been arguing that for situations like this they should).

The annoying thing is you can even see where the Service Centre is f**king up if you look at the Registry. There are 2 registry keys that it writes to (this has been posted by NI mods on the site so I'm not giving anything away btw). When I made an activation request for Kontakt after reinstalling I noticed it had got through to the NI site as my registrations page had been updated. Service Centre also reported that activation had been succesful but when I looked at the individual info for Kontakt 2 it was unchecked and not activated. And when I looked at those registry keys service Centre had not written in the activation codes or System ID strings. When I entered these manually (I had to actually create a SystemID string for one of the keys - even that was not there) Kontakt became activated.

I think the problem is Service Centre is trying to do too much and handle too many authorisation scenarios, some of which NI had not fully anticipated - it's over complicated. This is where the old individual Product Activation Tools had the advantage - they were specific to one product at a time and I never had a problem using them.

Only problem I had was that authorizing Kontakt2.2 and Reaktor 5.1.2 didn't work really nice. I couldn't (my mistake maybe, but wouldn't know why) get a "use another computer" - html-file done from my music-PC (not connected to the internet). = Registering over another computer didn't work, 10 times tried. So finally I installed AOL and did it from my music-PC. This worked within seconds.
strange thing: The html-file I had got before just didn't include Kontakt and Reaktor, which I had to chall-resp again with the new updates. I got some info that I hadn't included the serials for FM8 demo and Massive demo, which is true, as I just run the demos :) and don't own a serial. And of course I had NOT tried to register the demos, but the owned products :) .
The Kontakt- and Reaktor-updates weren't in the file, as they should have been.

Then on my "for going abroad"-laptop I got told by the Service center that an internet-connection couldn't be set up (exactly the same configuration with AOL that worked on my "normally not connected music PC" :lol: ). 10 times tried, then the solution was: trying to do it with "on another computer" -method. The file was correct this time, but of course I used not another computer, but my very own not-another-machine-but-the-same-laptop then...

so here I got the right html-file, sent it "from the same "another" computer :hihi: ) - and within a second it was done.

Somewhere in that process I got a "was successful"-message, but it wasn't, as Kontakt2 WAS NOT registered. (just like aMUSED, more in the know about the registry 8) , writes too).

But those are minor issues, as now everything's right. I just hate to connect my music PC connected to the internet after some strange virus in 2003 from some "soundfont for you"-t-online-mail I opened. Had hassles with that for ages, until I even found out it was a virus. So I found it strange that the "over another computer"-registering didn't work.

Discussions about that kind of registration are like discussions about Microsoft's NET. You get a program like that, or the new service center, and if it works (friends had no problem like I did, so I suspect I was in part the problem :hihi: ) it's just fine. Problem of those things is, someone can easily sabotage such a program, and if it happens, we all got a fine virus at worst. So indeed there are pros and cons. Pro for NI maybe being that all products are listed, so they hope to make people shy to use cracked products from NI? Don't know about that. Pro for the users is, if those programs are really safe, it's - for me in theory, for some friends in real life :lol: - easier to register.

I liked the former system more, as it worked better here.

As an update, now Kontakt, GR, and Reaktor are broken after I tried updating them, and even uninstalling K4 and wiping NI out of the registry and reinstalling doesn't fix it. I see in the registry where the data is missing.

Uninstall and go through your registry. Make sure all the folders at Program Files/Native Instruments are gone. Then, go into Documents and Settings and delete any NI folders you find there. You'll find one in <your user account>/Local Settings/Application data that DOESN'T get deleted by the uninstallers, and which raises issues with the SC.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Bit of a debacle/farce really isn't it?
It's good that there are knowledgeable peeps such as yourself trying to help ew - top chap, NI should be paying you for your stellar performance.

ew wrote:Uninstall and go through your registry. Make sure all the folders at Program Files/Native Instruments are gone. Then, go into Documents and Settings and delete any NI folders you find there. You'll find one in <your user account>/Local Settings/Application data that DOESN'T get deleted by the uninstallers, and which raises issues with the SC.

ew
Noooo - I'm getting fed up with spending weekends uninstalling and reinstalling stuff - there must be a beter fix than this?

That was one of the steps I did in my uninstall last night.

Everything Native Instruments was removed from my system, including all directories under Documents And Settings (I automatically show hidden files and don't hide system protected files.. this is *MY* hard drive, not Microsoft's) and Program Files, I made sure to even pull everything out of Common Files, VstPlugins, etc.. A file search for "native" on my computer on every hard drive only showed files that weren't related to NI programs.

I cleaned out all traces of Native Instruments and any assorted programs in my registry.. it was completely gone. I even wiped out NI stuff I was demoing, so SC only shows Komplete 4 components now.

aMUSEd wrote:
ew wrote:Uninstall and go through your registry. Make sure all the folders at Program Files/Native Instruments are gone. Then, go into Documents and Settings and delete any NI folders you find there. You'll find one in <your user account>/Local Settings/Application data that DOESN'T get deleted by the uninstallers, and which raises issues with the SC.

ew
Noooo - I'm getting fed up with spending weekends uninstalling and reinstalling stuff - there must be a beter fix than this?
Just looked at that folder - it only contains info about the 4 new apps - nothing related to Reaktor or Kontakt so why delete that?

If ever you're advised to manually adjust or delete things from your registry you *know* there has been a severe stuff up.

It should be well known by now that you NEVER touch a first release or initial update by NI.

Return to “Instruments”