kontakt2 multiple outputs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in kontakt2 i can set up multiple output channels...
but how do i set them up as inputs in cubase4
i can only hear things on kontakt2 output channel 1....

j
Cubase4 FLStudio6 Komplete4 Kore PS1 miniTera Atmosphere StylusRMX Hypersonic Plex Xphraze Hydra Junglist PluckedString Scorpion WNadditive ZeroVector VStation Wusikstation3 PSPVintageWarmer CamelSpace Sonitus:FX

If you insert Kontakt in the VST rack (F11) Cubase automatically creates the tracks for you. If you change the output settings in K2 i believe you have to restart K2 for the change to take effect.

I have'nt used C4 (still on SX3). But i think it has an option for autohiding the extra tracks that is on by default. You have to check the oreferences for that one.
If it has,there must be a setting somewhere for shoving the hidden tracks.

And there is a new Track type called VST track or something. I'm not sure this one allows for multitimbral and/or multiouts VSTs.

This could be why you don't see the extra outputs from K2. But as i said i have'nt tried C4 so i may be way off.

thats exactly what i do
but Cubase only opens one channel
kt st 1
inside of Kontakt2 it shows the 2 stereo outputs...
do i have some setting somewhere wrong?
i thought it should automatically set up 8 or 16output busses for kontakt?
Cubase4 FLStudio6 Komplete4 Kore PS1 miniTera Atmosphere StylusRMX Hypersonic Plex Xphraze Hydra Junglist PluckedString Scorpion WNadditive ZeroVector VStation Wusikstation3 PSPVintageWarmer CamelSpace Sonitus:FX

ok
you were exaclty right
in c4
they added a change
where it doesn't automatically do it
there is a tiny tiny icon on the add vst rack
i finally found my answer after searching steinberg knowledge base
here is the link to help othere
http://knowledgebase.steinberg.de/138_1.html
thanks for all the help tho!!!

jDDj

IF you used the "new instrument channel", then you only have 2 Stereo outs. It's a limitation of this new function.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:IF you used the "new instrument channel", then you only have 2 Stereo outs. It's a limitation of this new function.
no, it's not. you just have to activate the other outputs by clicking on the little icon on the instrument rack, as outlined above.

Compyfox is right.if you use the new Instrument Track (not channel) all you have is a single stereo output and only one MIDI track can drive the instrument. If you open the VST as susal (i.e.) from the VSTi panel, you can have multiple outputs but they are not enabled by default.
And btw and largely OT, you made a great work with your libraries soniccouture!!! I'm one really satisfied customer...

regards

Project

How do you add mono output channels in Kontakt 2. I've just made the move from Halion to K2 & i seem to be missing something. Am using Cubase SX 3.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. i did check the manual.

Add new channel, name it, go to config, set the ouputs, hit on default a couple of time. Then completely reload Cubase and K2. It should have saved your settings and you now have the ports you setup as default.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I have done this but when i do it only plays from one channel.

Did you notice there's different versions of Kontakt 2? There's a stereo, one 8out and one 16out version. Perhaps that's your problem?
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

parris wrote:I have done this but when i do it only plays from one channel.
Er... you wanted mono, didn't you'
Read the manual again on creating outputs and routing from instruments in Kontakt to the proper output. Trust me, I used Halion for years and handling Kontakt is way easier than you make it look like.

The 8out/16out version has nothing to do with it. It's just for limited outputs if you don't need that many, or your sequencer clogs you with "unused outputs".

Thanks for all your help guys. It's always easy when you know how. Thanks again............

Return to “Instruments”