Nature Sounds Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a synthesizer that specializes in nature sounds (wind, ocean, streams, fire, thunder, etc.). Something with parameters and presets. AU is a plus but I can use PC also. I have some sound samples but I want something I can tweek, but I'm getting obsessed with sounds of nature. (Maybe throw in some frogs and crickets?)

I think Dragon Fly's pretty cute, can't remember the dev though. But search that title and hopefully it comes up for you?

Steven West wrote:I think Dragon Fly's pretty cute, can't remember the dev though. But search that title and hopefully it comes up for you?
Couldn't find dragon or fly or dragon fly... :cry:

Sounds to me like you'd have more luck looking for a sample CD with a Nature Sounds theme, rather than a VST (which would probably just be a sample player tacked onto a bunch of samples anyways).
A well-behaved signature.

Contralogic's Whistler is a nice wind thing machine.
"Is it me or does the Roctave stuff seem like a rip off of the Babya stuff?" - Liquidclear

JerGoertz wrote:Sounds to me like you'd have more luck looking for a sample CD with a Nature Sounds theme, rather than a VST (which would probably just be a sample player tacked onto a bunch of samples anyways).
That would be cheating. :D

But seriously, I want something that won't be the same each time. I'm looking for something evolving.

nope, best wind-vst is digit-al's Windgenerator
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2375.html

dusted william wrote:http://www.audiomidi.com/UVISCO3---Xtre ... P8477.aspx

more than just nature

dw
Ya know, I happen to have Xtreme-FX and it doesn't actually have much real nature sounds. A jillion other very cool sounds, but I looked at the list and it only had 3 wind, no water, no fire, etc. But for dueling robot films, it is perfect.

ah... I want to get Xtreme FX for dueling robot films:)

dw

dusted william wrote:ah... I want to get Xtreme FX for dueling robot films:)

dw
I think it is only $150 at AudioMidi. There's your music budget. Go for it! Hollywood is on the line.

yeah, I will probably pick it up, it's on my list of things to get...but it's not number one!

dw

Hi
Might as well mention it here.

Manytone is currently recording and working on Nature and Real World Sounds and some Foley, for a future product.
Things like Water, Wind, Traffic, Steps, Stairs, Knocks, Trains, Planes, Birds, Tractors, Tampers, Fire, Boats, Pubs, Background Talking, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Thunder and Storms etc. And that's just some of the stuff we already have worked on. There will be plenty more but that all depends on what we can find and record. In Fact... Please list here in this thread sounds you want and I can try to hunt them down and record them as we are still in this stage.

The final product should load into any of our instruments, or we may develop a specialized VSTi just for it.
I'll be deciding this very soon, but I sure am geared towards putting this content in it's own Multi Layered VSTi Sampler.

Anyways ..this looked like a good chance to mention one of the projects we are working on.

dusted william knows our stuff, so he can testify for our quality ;-)
Thanks guys
Paul

manytone wrote:Hi
Might as well mention it here.

Manytone is currently recording and working on Nature and Real World Sounds and some Foley, for a future product.
Things like Water, Wind, Traffic, Steps, Stairs, Knocks, Trains, Planes, Birds, Tractors, Tampers, Fire, Boats, Pubs, Background Talking, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Thunder and Storms etc. And that's just some of the stuff we already have worked on. There will be plenty more but that all depends on what we can find and record. In Fact... Please list here in this thread sounds you want and I can try to hunt them down and record them as we are still in this stage.

The final product should load into any of our instruments, or we may develop a specialized VSTi just for it.
I'll be deciding this very soon, but I sure am geared towards putting this content in it's own Multi Layered VSTi Sampler.

Anyways ..this looked like a good chance to mention one of the projects we are working on.

dusted william knows our stuff, so he can testify for our quality ;-)
Thanks guys
Paul
You've just saved me thousands of hours of development time. I'll think of an exact list of what I want and get back to you. I'm a very happy ManyTone user and customer (under another name) and I really can't wait. If you need a beta tester or other encouragement or money thrown your way, let me know. :love: :love: :love:

Not a vst. but might help..its called Atmosphere deluxe and creates nature sounds with a lot of options..http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/index.htm

Return to “Instruments”