Fed up with DR008, suggestions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bullshark wrote: What else is out there?
Shameless promo: Addictive Drums ;)

Cheers
Lars
www.xlnaudio.com - Creators of "Addictive Drums"
Demo version available for download!
Check out the new Jazz Paks too :)

I'm trying to get rid of plugins I don't use very often so I can save up and purchase a portable synth. RM IV is very, very nice but I just simply don't use it enough to justify keeping it.

Not to cut Mark off from a potential sale, but I really like CM's SR-202. There's some great kits aboard, and great presets here and abroad for it. Maybe where you are, a CM mag's more expensive than a RM IV, I don't know? ;)

XLN Audio wrote:
bullshark wrote: What else is out there?
Shameless promo: Addictive Drums ;)

Cheers
Lars
Looks and sounds tasty. Price and availability?

Gee thanks Lars. Hope this doesn't become a habit. Hint: release your software before you go pimping it! :D

I'm sure that Battery 3 uses the same damned challenge/response system as all the other recent NI products. It's at least not PACE, but you are somewhat at the mercy of their license server.

Personally, I still use DR008, sometimes "raw", sometimes slaved off of Jamstix, but mostly with DFH samples, rather than those that were bundled.

Steven West wrote:Not to cut Mark off from a potential sale, but I really like CM's SR-202. There's some great kits aboard, and great presets here and abroad for it. Maybe where you are, a CM mag's more expensive than a RM IV, I don't know? ;)
You know, I've looked for that mag a few months ago, can't remember what for. The only copy I could find was in an international press dealer which was quite far from my place, and it had the plastic cover ripped and the CD missing... I really should try to find one againg as a lot of peoples say there's good things in it.

markdeaton wrote:I'm trying to get rid of plugins I don't use very often so I can save up and purchase a portable synth. RM IV is very, very nice but I just simply don't use it enough to justify keeping it.
I couldn't find that many sound demo off of the LinPlug site and those that were there didn't really do it for me. I will try to find some more demos thought as I'm sure RMIV has more sounds than what is showcased there...

markdeaton wrote:Gee thanks Lars. Hope this doesn't become a habit. Hint: release your software before you go pimping it! :D
Sorry mate. Will do :)
/Lars
www.xlnaudio.com - Creators of "Addictive Drums"
Demo version available for download!
Check out the new Jazz Paks too :)

Fed up with DR008
In case you do not use DR008 anymore, I'd purchase it to you.

Thank you.

mahtazz wrote:
Fed up with DR008

Thank you.
probably not worth it considering there is a $50 licence transfer fee.
Nobody's a nobody...

maximilians1 wrote:
mahtazz wrote:
Fed up with DR008

Thank you.
probably not worth it considering there is a $50 licence transfer fee.
WOW!!! :nutter:

XLN Audio wrote:
markdeaton wrote:Gee thanks Lars. Hope this doesn't become a habit. Hint: release your software before you go pimping it! :D
Sorry mate. Will do :)
/Lars
Lol Lars, just kidding. I hope the whole world buys AD :tu:. I also hope I win a copy as a beta tester ;).

/ass kissing mode off

Well, finally found out that Battery3 does use NI infamous C/R copy protection so is out AFAIC. Not that I have anything in particular against C/R cp in general, just the system NI uses never, ever worked right for me (I have GPO that does use this system).

And yes, mahtazz, FXpansion do have a 50 USD transfer fee (one of the reason I'm not considering their other products) so considering DR008 goes for 100 buck brand new, it's not worth selling. Beside, I have too many older projects that use it to sell it.
No, that wasn't me.

id been using dr008 but loading ezdrummer after purch i love that too.. unsure why you dont like!!
RonC

Return to “Instruments”