What's your favourite electronic drum machine?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr Arkadin wrote:Roland CR-78.
lovely :love:

I'm currently using a Roland D2 Groovebox cheapo and a Zoom Streetboxx, great presets, very weird.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

No 1:
TRs 808/909 hands down for that instant 'that sound'-sound. I never tire of recommending the good old 808/909 to newbies asking how to get a classic techno/electro sound. Don't tinker, try and get the most out of 808/909 that's what I say!

Close second, SR 16 for it's versatility.
I was delighted to find most of its samples on a website 3 years ago.

And it's the one of the three machines I actually used as hardware.

Marco :)

I love the sound of CR-78...I don't know why I have never bought one... :oops:

I am also quite keen on the Oberheim DX/DMX machines...I have owned two and still have one. A great sounding eight-bit machine.

Recently, I have been enamoured of the Wersimatic WM24, a little known German monstrosity full of quirks and character. :love:

As for the classicRoland TR-"x0x" machines...my favorite was the TR-606. I don't know why i don't have one of those either!

Software...I am fond of Attack after all these years...Micrtonic is cool too. ErsDrums is good when I am using the PC.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

adl wrote:Microtonic (damn!...bought it like 2 weeks ago and now he is offering it as a x-mas offer)
Drumatic 2
:?:
on the Sonic Charge page all I find is:
"Don't miss our generous December prices"

cptgone, I think that is the offer he meant. 2 weeks ago was November. $69 for MicroTonic is a great deal.

My recent favorite has become MachineDrum, even though I still use CR-78 a lot. The 606 as mentioned above is delicious. Perfect for those snappy beats. I guess the whole line of x0x machines is something I can't seem to stop loving. Looking forward to both AudioRealism's and Phoscyon's plugins.

Katzenjammer wrote:cptgone, I think that is the offer he meant. 2 weeks ago was November. $69 for MicroTonic is a great deal.
i agree, wasn't really awake yet :oops:

My favourite is the Korg ER1

Microtonic!

Hardware, the ER-1 is a great deal, as is the MFB-502.

MachineDrum....great sound and recording knob tweaks is sooooooooo much fun :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:MachineDrum....great sound and recording knob tweaks is sooooooooo much fun :D
i hate everyone who owns elektron gear

before I went NI Komplete I always thought I'd eventually get around to buying RMIV,
but then Battery came in the package
and with Battery
and microTonic, it's very hard to justify buying any other drum synth/sampler

though I suppose some have a handful of these things and may even use them all

G&L_player wrote:
slovak wrote:dr008 is the boss app than battery as battery catches up
K...prolly need to check this, although I'm just not a big fan of the classic drum machine method(s) of programming.
slovak wrote: freebies are drumatic3/and drumstrip for quick drum design and simplicty...
Yeah, drumatic keeps getting better, and it's already a player. Although, I found ersdrums to be really nice!
slovak wrote: bfd is said to be a good buy, but i won't buy due to proprietary sound blocks...

looking for the sp12 vsti to be relased from one of our kvr-heads....
SP12 is intriguing. However, with some good Fx processing, one can prolly get away with most of these and come off just as well with one or the other. The drumatic tones were pretty outstanding...maybe it was the preset that I happened to land on? Perhaps, it's because e-phonic has been making that thing for a while and just offers a great device as a generous service?
Can you provide a link to the sp12?
Or are you referring to the SD2100 found here?
http://87.106.1.136:10080/plugindex/dow ... pl_id=197;

Mr Arkadin wrote:Roland CR-78.
Definitely, this is my most favorite electronic instrument ever. I hope there will be still some working units on sale when I finally can afford one.

Return to “Instruments”