Was about to buy a virus ti but am going for this instead :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well me and my studio partner thought about the virus ti, we like the idea of sample accurate timing of a good hardware synth in Cubase 4..... played the demo's...it's ok ...not all that, not that different from the C.

Then we went here http://www.macbethstudiosystems.com/ and are about to order an M5 analogue monster :) It's been a while since a new synth put a smile on my face. Think I'll buy the nexus for the virus type sounds I need, and get on with some uber analog wankery with the M5.

I would have bought the Virus (or maybe a Nord) :P

I'm not really enough of a vintage analog geek to see the value in owning a synthesizer like that today. I do wish you and your studio partner lots of luck and fun playing with your new toy though. :P

Hope you dont play it in a theatre :hihi:

[/nerd]

haha chase :lol:

i'd love an M5, wow what an awesome beast! expensive and shipping...i built a modular instead (ok i started... have spent a lot more than M5 territory by this point)

and it's huge!!! very cool, but also kinda too huge - look at how wide it is at the bottom, no way it needs to be that wide

oh and so many people think it's a 2600 clone.... it's SO MUCH more than that, it just shares a look and feel

enjoy man, that's something special :love: 8)

I've heard that the Virus TI line has been plagued with technical problems since release. Going with USB v1.1 to not only control and manage the instrument but stream audio into your computer was a poor decision on Access' part methinks. They should have gone with Firewire at the very least. Most feel that the Virus C or even B is still the most solid and reliable way to go.

Tronam wrote:I've heard that the Virus TI line has been plagued with technical problems since release. Going with USB v1.1 to not only control and manage the instrument but stream audio into your computer was a poor decision on Access' part methinks. They should have gone with Firewire at the very least. Most feel that the Virus C or even B is still the most solid and reliable way to go.
Most people have these issues ironed out. V1.0 crashed by itself and some people still have issues with the VST editor (which really isnt bad considering it is still a decent synth even if it never had VST "support") but it's pretty solid now.
Last edited by The Chase on Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good luck getting parts when it breaks, or finding someone to fix it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Well, atleast it wont crash. :hihi:

BONES wrote:Good luck getting parts when it breaks, or finding someone to fix it.
basically every major city in north america has a keyboard tech who is usually very excited to work on analogue equipment. the parts are available at any decent electronics components store, or at mouser.com or at digikey.com or many other on-line electronics parts dealer.

you can also fire up the old soldering iron and do it yourself. it's not hard stuff, just need a little patience.

Return to “Instruments”