3 GB? Why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished listening to the NEXUS mp3 demo of the factory presets. The sounds on the demo are really top notch quality, but it just seems like it keeps doing variations on the same 12 trance patches over and over and over and over. Why does it need a 3GB library for only 12 sounds? :shrug:

:hihi:

BURN!!!!!!!

How dare you speak badly of Synth1, you may not have used the name, or even hinted, but your whole message of hatred is CLEARLY against the SYNTH1...

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :smack:

Okay, you got me. I just feel the need to constantly rip on synth1. How dare they give it away for free! It's like a contagious disease. Maybe if they charged $300 for it we would get it's sick all over our tracks.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

ichiro might be in talks with a large dev.......

afreshcupofjoe wrote:I just finished listening to the NEXUS mp3 demo of the factory presets. The sounds on the demo are really top notch quality, but it just seems like it keeps doing variations on the same 12 trance patches over and over and over and over. Why does it need a 3GB library for only 12 sounds? :shrug:
I may be wrong, but my guess is that it's a feeble and ineffective attempt at trying to thwart pirates by making it larger and more difficult to download. :shrug:

afreshcupofjoe wrote:I just finished listening to the NEXUS mp3 demo of the factory presets. The sounds on the demo are really top notch quality, but it just seems like it keeps doing variations on the same 12 trance patches over and over and over and over. Why does it need a 3GB library for only 12 sounds? :shrug:
with 3GB, you get those 12 patches sampled in very high quality and thousands of velocity layers :wink:

Hi,

Sure it's easier to download something when it's <100 MB.. But these days with broadband always-on connections it doesn't really matter. You click on the button and at a certain time within a second minutes up to a few days you'll the complete download. It might matter for things like e-mule but for BitTorrent size is hardly adding a disadvantage to illegal distribution. Actually the bigger the download, the longer a popular torrent is likely to stay alive since it'll be less dependent on seeds. So if it's somebody's weird idea of copy protection, this person will awake from the dream quite soon.

Almost any good and worthless software will be distributed illegally. It's a 'sport' and if, as a developer you are very afraid of this ever happening to your product, I'd suggest to get some counseling or leave the business ASAP.

It's the result of today's culture and the question is when, not if.

---
Roel / 4Front Technologies

John Vulich wrote:
I may be wrong, but my guess is that it's a feeble and ineffective attempt at trying to thwart pirates by making it larger and more difficult to download. :shrug:

well....
sampled from different synths for different dimention and taste that the software player can not emulate
http://www.myspace.com/dxlin
theres no right or wrong only like and dislike

is there a list of synths they used for their samples? and who sampled them?

dr. orange v2.0 wrote:is there a list of synths they used for their samples? and who sampled them?
Shut up, you stupid moronic troll.

Cheeso wrote:
dr. orange v2.0 wrote:is there a list of synths they used for their samples? and who sampled them?
Shut up, you stupid moronic troll.
Cheeso, if I whas a moderator on this forum, I would realy ban you! This kind of language should (imho) not be tolerated. Why being so aggresive? dr. orange only asked a question, and to be honest, I would like to know the answers to his questions aswell!
Music... life would be boring without it.

He's not interested in knowing anything about the samples. He's just a crap talking troll. Look at his posts, especially about Nexus. He's just here to crap on something he's not going to buy anyway.

Hey Cheeso,

If someone bothers you, best not to respond. Just ignore them.

And if that doesn't satisfy you, you can also make use of the "mute me" button :wink:

ben_horwood wrote:Hey Cheeso,

If someone bothers you, best not to respond. Just ignore them.

And if that doesn't satisfy you, you can also make use of the "mute me" button :wink:
You can always practice what you preach...

Cheeso wrote:He's not interested in knowing anything about the samples. He's just a crap talking troll. Look at his posts, especially about Nexus. He's just here to crap on something he's not going to buy anyway.
I did not know that, but now I might understand why you replied like that. Peace!
Music... life would be boring without it.

Return to “Instruments”