3 GB? Why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow. 5.84% are Saw-presets. Yeah, that's the majority. You suck at math.

I counted more like 6%. And that's only presets NAMED for basic waveforms... en masse. There are others named "simple saw" or "double square" among EVERY category, but they weren't listed next to a dozen others so I didn't take the time to copy paste them. If you'd like, I can. :)

And, I never SAID the majority were supersaws. I said for that many single-waveform presets, 3GB is a retarded number.

I don't own Nexus but I bet you $20 I can make a good 90% of those presets in Sytrus, and it's what, not even 6MB?
Last edited by Toxikator on Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

give it up google, some people are stupid
wenn er tott ist ist er tott

046 - Bass / Bare Square
047 - Bass / Basic Pulse
051 - Bass / Basic Sine
052 - Bass / Basic Square
053 - Bass / Basic Triangle

It seems it's not only supersaws after all :hihi:

:zzz:

Drago wrote:give it up goggle, some people are stupid
I know, like the people who pay $300 for a 3GB version of Synth1 ;)

I kid. Really, I have no problem with Nexus, I mean I'd never buy it but I'm not adverse to it. It all started as a little humour over the comment about how "It's not just Supersaws, there are these other 5 instruments too!" and everyone gets so defensive.

as I said

just stupid :roll:
wenn er tott ist ist er tott

I see it just the same as atmosphere or any other locked ROM sampler.... I mean ok it's cool if it's exactly what you need and are a budding electronica producer who loves awesome presets. I realized I love synthesis more. Does that mean I hate Nexus? No.

I do however hate it having a locked Rom. While it targets a specific Market, it misses the market of the more D.I.Y./sound designers. I believe personally that every vsti Rompler/wtf-ever-u-want-to-call-it should allow for users to create their own banks for the instrument. There are a number of ways to do this, and although it may be tedious, if the user is willing to do it, it would add that much more flexibility to the instrument, and also to the sales.
--_ yup.... _--

I agree. Combining Multisampling with advanced synthesis (so you can create your own ROM-based synths) is the future of software, but no one seems to have done it yet.

Toxikator wrote:I agree. Combining Multisampling with advanced synthesis (so you can create your own ROM-based synths) is the future of software, but no one seems to have done it yet.
My point exactly, and it's not like they want to cause a dependency on people who want more sounds, or they'd just buy a sampler like gigasampler instead. I mean in essence, they are the exact same thing. Nexus just has different sounds & for some wierd reason a "locked bank"... Makes no honest sense to me.
--_ yup.... _--

Toxikator wrote:I agree. Combining Multisampling with advanced synthesis (so you can create your own ROM-based synths) is the future of software, but no one seems to have done it yet.
Dimension Pro seems to fit the bill.

Really? I don't follow synths much these days (having found most of everything I need/want in Sytrus and Directwave, I know I'm such a fanboy) but I'll look into it.

EDIT: Wow. Yeah, that's nice. I didn't see some essentials for me in there (though they may be anyway), such as FM, RM, PWM, Hard Sync, etc, and I don't know about those envelopes, but it looks like a freaking monster. I don't have the time or money for a new synth right now but it certainly does appear to be exactly what I described, huh?
Last edited by Toxikator on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, it's basically a ROMpler with a ton of synthesis features (the whole shebang of filters, envelopes, EQ, effects, multimbrality). The cool thing is that the oscs can not only be WAVs, but sfz files - which can be pretty in-depth multisamples.

zircon wrote:
Dimension Pro seems to fit the bill.

Word ....
Either Dimension Pro or Rapture for that matter ..... :!:

zircon wrote:Yeah, it's basically a ROMpler with a ton of synthesis features (the whole shebang of filters, envelopes, EQ, effects, multimbrality). The cool thing is that the oscs can not only be WAVs, but sfz files - which can be pretty in-depth multisamples.

You forgot waveguides ie:impulse responses in that lot there also with DimensionPro BTW + RexFile player with full drag and drop of midi data to host and so on and so forth.

Return to “Instruments”