9%
V Station
7%
Other
28%

Total votes: 82

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I never understand why anyone thinks there is an ultimate [whatever] instrument or effect, so the concept of an ultimate trance synth seems rather dubious. Is this a synth that anyone who gets near the keyboard can create trance-like sounds with? Because, if it's not, the odds are good that there are a few dozen synths that in the right hands could be a trance synth. Admittedly, some are easier than others, but talent ultimately makes a synth what it is or can be.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Z3ta sound sooo bad in treble
who do not hear it is a noob
wenn er tott ist ist er tott

i'm ever so confused....there are so many elements to a trance track....i think you gotta be more specific for this type of debate....do you mean ultimate trance bass, or lead, or drumes, or arp, or pads, or strings? dif synths are good at dif elements....otherwise you're caught between picking a synth that is good at all areas or one that is GREAT in just some of them.....of the synths listed i only have vstation............anyways tryin to inspire debate is a good thing.... i just think there is this problem on kvr of making trance like a section of music...when really there are different elements to a track and also there are different styles of trance ranging from old school sarah mclachlan remixes to like that crazy frog stuff...and i dont think they are using the same synths!

just my simple opinion

JddJ
Cubase4 FLStudio6 Komplete4 Kore PS1 miniTera Atmosphere StylusRMX Hypersonic Plex Xphraze Hydra Junglist PluckedString Scorpion WNadditive ZeroVector VStation Wusikstation3 PSPVintageWarmer CamelSpace Sonitus:FX

JonathanDragonDJ wrote:i'm ever so confused....there are so many elements to a trance track....i think you gotta be more specific for this type of debate....do you mean ultimate trance bass, or lead, or drumes, or arp, or pads, or strings? dif synths are good at dif elements....otherwise you're caught between picking a synth that is good at all areas or one that is GREAT in just some of them.....of the synths listed i only have vstation............anyways tryin to inspire debate is a good thing.... i just think there is this problem on kvr of making trance like a section of music...when really there are different elements to a track and also there are different styles of trance ranging from old school sarah mclachlan remixes to like that crazy frog stuff...and i dont think they are using the same synths!

just my simple opinion

JddJ
"The Ultimate All-encompassing generic detuned supersaw vsti"
--_ yup.... _--

Tronam wrote:Tons of folks thought that René had overhauled the filters, oscillators and effects since everything sounded so much phatter, warmer, thicker, luscious, blah blah... :roll: It was a textbook example of how much of an impact the presets can have on people's impression of an instrument and how different it can sound in the hands of a skilled sound designer. He hadn't changed the sound engine at all. :hihi:
Which points out how valuable it is to be able to know and use your synths.

Return to “Instruments”