Any Luxonix Ravity Users??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am very very interested in this sound module! It allows layers & has some AMAZING filters! Plus it's only $139. The only *down* side is that some of the patches sounded like they had a "sampley" sounding quality to them, or that the sample rate was low... Not on all the patches surprisingly. Anyone use this plugin? I like it alot. I am curious if it allows users to import their own samples? reviews! reviews!
--_ yup.... _--

I suppose you are speaking of Ravity S. I love it, you can create amazing sounds ! It's CPU friendly, easy to use, nice, beautiful, wonderful, extraordinary.
But you can't import your own samples.
Once you have registered, you can download other sound banks from Luxonix or users.
My song "Lonely" on Sounclick use the Ravity S, except the guitar (that is a real guitar) and drums.
There are reviews here at KVR I suppose...

Not entirely sure where these 'amazing filters' are found, or how they would even apply much to this one. Unless you want to apply-n-modulate a squelchy band-pass atop a piano or nylon guitar...

STRENGHTS: Pretty nice interface, CPU friendly, amazingly small ROM size for the number of instruments included, layering, effects are ok, pads + bells sound quite good.

WEAKNESSES: Acoustic instruments are pretty weak (most of them anyway), sorta reminds me of a GM sample player from the early 90's.

If you're looking for new-agey, or retro sampler type sounds, it'll serve you well. If you are looking to build convincing acoustic arrangements, you'd be better off looking elsewhere.

Just my opinion.

I did a review of it for Trax a few years ago. Check it out from my link in my signature.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

advaya wrote:Not entirely sure where these 'amazing filters' are found, or how they would even apply much to this one. Unless you want to apply-n-modulate a squelchy band-pass atop a piano or nylon guitar...

STRENGHTS: Pretty nice interface, CPU friendly, amazingly small ROM size for the number of instruments included, layering, effects are ok, pads + bells sound quite good.

WEAKNESSES: Acoustic instruments are pretty weak (most of them anyway), sorta reminds me of a GM sample player from the early 90's.

If you're looking for new-agey, or retro sampler type sounds, it'll serve you well. If you are looking to build convincing acoustic arrangements, you'd be better off looking elsewhere.

Just my opinion.
On a basic saw, the lowpass has beautiful characteristics, but overall it's not flexible enough for me.. Fixed soundbanks just suck. It also has this "sampled" texture to it on playback, and sounds like it has a low sample rate. It would be good for newage and such as you mentioned. I wish they'd allow for importing damnit. Thanx for the reviews. ;)
--_ yup.... _--

Got a bank of free Ravity Patches at:
http://www.freewebs.com/teksonik/newsynthpatches.htm

Teksonik wrote:Got a bank of free Ravity Patches at:
http://www.freewebs.com/teksonik/newsynthpatches.htm
lol! Love the ghosts & floating skulls!
--_ yup.... _--

Return to “Instruments”